Samsung Galaxy S III Mini May Not Debut In India: Report
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 19, 2013 12:45 AM EST
According to report by Tech 2, the phone, which is available in the grey market, is unlikely to see an official unveiling n India. The report also cited that the sources close to the company said they have no plan to release it in the country.
"Samsung's Galaxy S III mini has been available in the grey market for quite some time now, but according to our sources, the phone will not be making it to Indian shores through official channels. This essentially puts the phone out of reach of the people who prefer to have warranties with their expensive gadgets. A representative said that Samsung hasn't revealed any plans to launch the handset in India as of yet," Tech 2 reported.
The device, which made its international debut in October last year, has been available in the grey market for a price of ₹17,750, which could be reason for not launching the device in India. "Maybe the company doesn't see a market for it here and prefers concentrating on the low-end and high-end smartphones. The more cynical among us may think that the company doesn't want the S III mini to cannibalise the sales of Samsung's other phone in a similar price-bracket-the Galaxy Grand," said the report.
The phone is available in the grey market with a price tag of ₹17,750 and customers who do not care for warranty cards can get hands on to the device from the grey market retailers.
The device features a 4-inch Super AMOLED display with a WVGA resolution of 480 x 800 pixels and is powered by a dual-core 1GHz processor. It was launched with Android 4.1.1, and later in December, the company started the shipment of the phone with the latest version of Android Jelly Bean, v4.1.2. It supports connectivity features like 3G, EDGE/GPRS, Wi-Fi with Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Hotspot and DLNA. It comes with a 1GB RAM and an 8-megapixel rear camera along with 2-megapixel front camera.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- G20 Summit in Nov: No Consensus to Bar Russia, Putin Open to Attend in Australia