Samsung Galaxy S III Mini May Not Debut In India: Report
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 19, 2013 12:45 AM EST
According to report by Tech 2, the phone, which is available in the grey market, is unlikely to see an official unveiling n India. The report also cited that the sources close to the company said they have no plan to release it in the country.
"Samsung's Galaxy S III mini has been available in the grey market for quite some time now, but according to our sources, the phone will not be making it to Indian shores through official channels. This essentially puts the phone out of reach of the people who prefer to have warranties with their expensive gadgets. A representative said that Samsung hasn't revealed any plans to launch the handset in India as of yet," Tech 2 reported.
The device, which made its international debut in October last year, has been available in the grey market for a price of ₹17,750, which could be reason for not launching the device in India. "Maybe the company doesn't see a market for it here and prefers concentrating on the low-end and high-end smartphones. The more cynical among us may think that the company doesn't want the S III mini to cannibalise the sales of Samsung's other phone in a similar price-bracket-the Galaxy Grand," said the report.
The phone is available in the grey market with a price tag of ₹17,750 and customers who do not care for warranty cards can get hands on to the device from the grey market retailers.
The device features a 4-inch Super AMOLED display with a WVGA resolution of 480 x 800 pixels and is powered by a dual-core 1GHz processor. It was launched with Android 4.1.1, and later in December, the company started the shipment of the phone with the latest version of Android Jelly Bean, v4.1.2. It supports connectivity features like 3G, EDGE/GPRS, Wi-Fi with Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Hotspot and DLNA. It comes with a 1GB RAM and an 8-megapixel rear camera along with 2-megapixel front camera.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock Rises Again Despite Bendgate, iOS 8 Bugs; Samsung Stock At Two-Year Low
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Ello Pegged As The Anti-Facebook Social Network
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate