BlackBerry May Not Launch BB10 In South Korea
By Vijaykumar Meti | February 18, 2013 10:07 PM EST
Earlier this month, BlackBerry said it had no immediate plan to launch its BB10 lineup of smartphones in Japan. Now the company may not launch its flagship smartphone in the South Korean market as well.
The Canadian company has witnessed falling sales in the Korean market which is currently dominated by South Korean companies like LG and Samsung. A number of users prefer to use Apple iPhone or smartphones that are running on Android operating system especially Samsung Galaxy range of device.
In addition to this, StatCounter represented the mobile operating market share in South Korea between January 2012 and January 2013. The statistics say Google Inc's Android operating system tops the market followed by Apple's iOS. With less than 0.07 percent of BlackBerry OS users in South Korea, BlackBerry has no visible mention in the statistic graph.
BlackBerry's Asian Pacific unit said it would continue to support sales of its ongoing BlackBerry smartphone in Korea with its trusted carrier partner - SK Telecom. It will also provide services and after-sales support to Korean BlackBerry users.
Back in December, Motorola Mobility also announced its plan to close its mobile sales in Korea. In July, the Taiwanese mobile maker HTC Crop also official announced its plan to close its Seoul office due to very slow sales.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners