German Firms to Add 15,000 New Jobs in 2013 on Improved Economic Outlook
By Jerin Mathew | February 18, 2013 9:39 PM EST
German companies are expected to add 150,000 new jobs as they plan more investments in the county in line with improved economic conditions in the eurozone, according to the Association of German Chambers of Commerce and Industry (DIHK).
DIHK had earlier forecast 180,000 more jobs in 2013, according to German newspaper Bild-Zeitung.
There will be 65,000 new jobs in health, hotels and tourism, while IT, insurance and consulting firms look to add 55,000 new employees, according to the report. Additionally, 10,000 jobs will be added in sectors such as transport, real estate and security. In 2012, German firms added 422,000 jobs, lower than 561,000 jobs in 2011.
There will be 2.94 million unemployed people in the country, compared to 2.90 million in 2012, according to DIHK.
"The employment plans of companies remain slightly positive. However, it is not sufficient for a significant increase in recruitment," DIHK said in its latest research report. The group surveys more than 28,000 enterprises in the research.
"In spite of reductions in the number of orders, the plans of the manufacturing industry indicate at least stable developments with respect to employment."
DIHK added that there is noticeable improvement in confidence with respect to export expectations. Fewer companies see foreign demand as a risk to their business developments.
With financing becomes easier, the firms are planning more investments in the country on the back of a gradual progress in the crisis-hit eurozone.
"Although the investment intentions are not quite as expansive as in recent years, they remain positive on balance for the ninth time in succession - the longest period since reunification," DIHK said.
The industry group expects the German economy to grow by 0.7 percent in 2013, with a 4 percent rise in exports. In 2012, the economy grew by 0.7 percent while its exports improved by 4.1 percent.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Australia's Low Birth Rate May Be Due to Low Confidence in Economy
- Fears Of Infection Spread Prompt Some US Hospitals To Refuse Ebola Patients
- Readers Slam a Book Showing That US Wealth And Power Rests on Slave Labour
- LG G Watch R To Be Available Globally Starting With Europe, North America And Asia Through Retail Sites And Play Store
- Young Teen Fighter Says ISIS Uses Drugs On Suicide Bombers To Get Them Perform The Act
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS