EU Morning Report - 18 February - G20 against currency wars
By NikolasX | February 18, 2013 7:22 PM EST
G20 ends with clear statement against currency wars
The euro (EUR) moved lower versus the US dollar (USD) currently at 1.3345 as European markets open. Currency wars have been avoided according to the G20 meeting that took place during the weekend in Moscow, however it seems that world leaders are willing to give Japan the flexibility to devalue its currency. Looking ahead we expect the European trade balance to be in surplus which may give a small boost to the single currency; however it looks more probable that a negative economic sentiment release from Germany later in the day may overshadow any positive news for the euro.
The Australian dollar (AUD) moved higher against the Japanese yen (JPY) as the Aussie touched 96.80 for the third time in the past week. This has prompted heavy sales of Australian bonds from Japanese investors that speculate that the yen has reached a top.
Gold (XAU) suffered heavy losses and is currently trading around 1614 after investors turn their attention to riskier asset classes.
Brent Crude (BRT), regained losses it incurred on Friday as confidence picked up after the G20 meeting. The crude is now trading at 117.79.
|.||EURUSD||1.3380||SHORT @ 1.3380||43% of deals buy EUR|
|.||USDJPY||93.25||LONG @ 93.25||36% of deals buy USD|
|.||GBPUSD||1.5545||SHORT @ 1.5545||66% of deals buy GBP|
|.||AUDUSD||1.0330||SHORT @ 1.0330||62% of deals buy AUD|
|.||GOLD||1629.00||SHORT @ 1629.00||80% of deals buy GOLD|
|.||OIL||97.05||SHORT @ 97.05||72% of deals buy OIL|
1 data generated by Trading Central™, 2 data obtained from easy-forex Inside Viewer™
|.||EUR||09:00||Current Account Balance||15.30B|
|.||EUR||10:00||German ZEW Economic Sentiment||35.0|
The US dollar (USD) looks set to move higher versus a weakening Japanese yen (JPY). The pair, currently at 93.92, gained momentum after the G20 made a clear announcement that they will refrain from currency wars and competitive devaluations. At the same time some analysts suggest that a yen between 90 and 100 is within equilibrium.
Please note that Forex trading (OTC Trading) involves substantial risk of loss, and may not be suitable for everyone. In no way is it a recommendation by easy-forex® for you to engage in any trade. The information provided is based on data generated by third party investment research providers. easy-forex® does not assume any liability as to the accuracy of such information. This information shall be used for reference only and it is not binding on easy-forex®. This is not an advertisement or a recommendation in engaging / binding you in any forex transactions.
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports