Google Nexus 4 LTE, Nexus 5, or Optimus G2? Which LG Device Received Bluetooth Certification Recently?
By Arlene Paredes | February 18, 2013 5:22 PM EST
Nexus 5 updates remain unofficial as neither LG nor Google has referred to a Nexus 4 successor just yet. But which LG device got a Bluetooth certification recently? Sleuthing Android watchers posed the question, encouraging tech bloggers to delve deeper into the next LG smartphone mystery.
Hong Kong Site Ponders LG E980, Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie Possibility
In a report related to the LG E980, Sina Beijing acknowledged rumors that the next big LG smartphone could run on Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie. However, the site said the next smartphone is more likely to run on Android 2.0.
Another report from GSM Insider brought up the "mysterious" LG E980, an LTE-enabled smartphone that could either be the LTE upgrade of Nexus 4 or the new LG Optimus G2. The tech updates site also guessed it could be the Nexus 5, but "it seems a little earlier" for that.
James Fisher, LG senior VP, said at the CES event that the LG Nexus 4 was only "the first of many devices to come from our growing partnership with this very selective company (Google)." Naturally, investigative Android enthusiasts want to be the first to determine which LG-Google product would come out next.
The Bluetooth Certification for LG E980 had also surfaced over a month ago via Softpedia. Aside from the Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity, the site mentioned the yet-to-be-announced smartphone features a full HD touchscreen display and it runs on Android OS. Softpedia suspected it could be the Optimus G2.
Many gadget watchers are investigating on the Nexus 5 possibility. But analysts are saying many Nexus 4 buyes would not be pleased with this too-soon upgrade if ever it holds true.
VIDEO: Google Nexus 4 vs iPhone 5 Review (TechRadar)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?