Google Nexus 4 LTE, Nexus 5, or Optimus G2? Which LG Device Received Bluetooth Certification Recently?
By Arlene Paredes | February 18, 2013 5:22 PM EST
Nexus 5 updates remain unofficial as neither LG nor Google has referred to a Nexus 4 successor just yet. But which LG device got a Bluetooth certification recently? Sleuthing Android watchers posed the question, encouraging tech bloggers to delve deeper into the next LG smartphone mystery.
Hong Kong Site Ponders LG E980, Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie Possibility
In a report related to the LG E980, Sina Beijing acknowledged rumors that the next big LG smartphone could run on Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie. However, the site said the next smartphone is more likely to run on Android 2.0.
Another report from GSM Insider brought up the "mysterious" LG E980, an LTE-enabled smartphone that could either be the LTE upgrade of Nexus 4 or the new LG Optimus G2. The tech updates site also guessed it could be the Nexus 5, but "it seems a little earlier" for that.
James Fisher, LG senior VP, said at the CES event that the LG Nexus 4 was only "the first of many devices to come from our growing partnership with this very selective company (Google)." Naturally, investigative Android enthusiasts want to be the first to determine which LG-Google product would come out next.
The Bluetooth Certification for LG E980 had also surfaced over a month ago via Softpedia. Aside from the Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity, the site mentioned the yet-to-be-announced smartphone features a full HD touchscreen display and it runs on Android OS. Softpedia suspected it could be the Optimus G2.
Many gadget watchers are investigating on the Nexus 5 possibility. But analysts are saying many Nexus 4 buyes would not be pleased with this too-soon upgrade if ever it holds true.
VIDEO: Google Nexus 4 vs iPhone 5 Review (TechRadar)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Coming Out Gay Defies Corporate Norm: Tech Execs Applaud Inspiring Essay
- Bombshell, Shocking And Wild Read: Jefferies & Co. Sage Kelly Forces Wife To Have Sex With Clients For A Deal
- Russia Succeeds Where US Fails: ISS NASA Antares Rocket Explosion Meant to Happen; Russia Successfully Launches Cargo Ship
- The Cost Of Getting Infected With Ebola
- Walmart Sells ‘Fat Girl Costumes’ for Halloween
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists