Google Nexus 4 LTE, Nexus 5, or Optimus G2? Which LG Device Received Bluetooth Certification Recently?
By Arlene Paredes | February 18, 2013 5:22 PM EST
Nexus 5 updates remain unofficial as neither LG nor Google has referred to a Nexus 4 successor just yet. But which LG device got a Bluetooth certification recently? Sleuthing Android watchers posed the question, encouraging tech bloggers to delve deeper into the next LG smartphone mystery.
Hong Kong Site Ponders LG E980, Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie Possibility
In a report related to the LG E980, Sina Beijing acknowledged rumors that the next big LG smartphone could run on Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie. However, the site said the next smartphone is more likely to run on Android 2.0.
Another report from GSM Insider brought up the "mysterious" LG E980, an LTE-enabled smartphone that could either be the LTE upgrade of Nexus 4 or the new LG Optimus G2. The tech updates site also guessed it could be the Nexus 5, but "it seems a little earlier" for that.
James Fisher, LG senior VP, said at the CES event that the LG Nexus 4 was only "the first of many devices to come from our growing partnership with this very selective company (Google)." Naturally, investigative Android enthusiasts want to be the first to determine which LG-Google product would come out next.
The Bluetooth Certification for LG E980 had also surfaced over a month ago via Softpedia. Aside from the Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity, the site mentioned the yet-to-be-announced smartphone features a full HD touchscreen display and it runs on Android OS. Softpedia suspected it could be the Optimus G2.
Many gadget watchers are investigating on the Nexus 5 possibility. But analysts are saying many Nexus 4 buyes would not be pleased with this too-soon upgrade if ever it holds true.
VIDEO: Google Nexus 4 vs iPhone 5 Review (TechRadar)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales