Microsoft’s Xbox 720 Expected to Release in October: report
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 18, 2013 4:46 PM EST
American software company Microsoft is expected to release its next generation console around the same time as the "Destiny" game which is rumoured to launch on 6 October.
According to VG24/7, French retailer Micromania has zeroed down 6 October as the launch date for "Destiny". Earlier reports suggested that the game will be released exclusively for PS4 and Xbox 720, adding credibility to reports that Xbox 720 will also take the stage on the same day.
VG24/7 wrote: "Everything changed with the arrival of Voyageur. It was originally a Golden Age that allowed our civilization to establish itself in the solar system. But it could not last. Something we put ashore broke. The survivors built a city in the Voyageur before returning explore our ancient worlds where only mortal enemies awaited them.
"You are a Guardian, protector of last haven of life on Earth, armed with incredible powers. You must defend the city. Defeat our enemies. And look what we have lost. Be strong."
The Xbox 720's release date has been rumoured for the past couple of months. Earlier in Januray, there were reports that the next-generation gaming console will be unveiled at the upcoming Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) which is scheduled to take place in Los Angeles from 11-13 June.
Also, Xbox official blogger Major Nelson's countdown launch to Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) has sparked speculation that the company is gearing to unwrap Xbox 720 around that time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Down Under – Meet The First People To Have The Newest iPhones
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Samsung SM-A500 (aka Wallet-Friendly Galaxy Alpha) Clears TENAA Revealing Images And Specs
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- 'ISIL Has To Be Defeated, Plain And Simple, End Of Story,' Sen. John Kerry
- Chinese Property Developer Flees To New Zealand After China Arrests Vice-Mayor For Corrupt Deals
- Amazon Announces 7 New Kindles: Upgraded Amazon 8.9-inch Kindle Fire HDX Available Now On Pre-order