Mindy McCready Dies Of ‘Self Inflicted’ Gunshot Wound At 37
By Gopi Chandra Kharel | February 18, 2013 4:30 PM EST
US Country singer Melinda Gayle McCready (Mindy McCready) was found dead Sunday of an apparent "self inflicted" gun shot at her home in Arkansas, according to multiple sources.
The Sheriff's office said that they had reports of a gunshot fired Sunday afternoon and McCready's body was found on the front porch, CNN has reported.
Her death comes just after a month her boyfriend and father of one of her sons, record producer David Wilson, died of an apparent suicide.
The 37-year-old singer has a long history of struggle with addiction and mental illness.
She has left behind her two sons, six years old Zader and 10 months old Zayne who were both removed from her house when she had to go through a rehabilitation treatment earlier this year.
She was discharged last week although her two children are still in foster care.
Her 1996 debut album, "Ten Thousand Angels," was her best-selling and its song, "Guys Do It All The Time" was one of the all-time hits.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]