BlackBerry z10: Top Tricks and Tips
By Gilda Galang | February 18, 2013 4:27 PM EST
Whether you are already enjoying the BlackBerry Z10 or getting ready to get your own device when it hits stores in your area, these tricks and shortcuts can come in handy to help you handle your handset like a pro.
It's easy to forget which of your apps are open when you've already been operating your Z10 for quite some time.
The great thing about the Z10 is that it allows up to eight opened apps at a time, and you can check them all by simply swiping downwards when viewing the first viewable four apps.
According to Pocket-Lint, opening more than eight apps at a time automatically closes the last one.
The volume controls
Aside from adjusting volume controls in your phone, the Z10 also allows you to make use of these controls when adjusting the music volume or selecting songs from your library, reports CIO.
This means that you can easily change songs without whipping out your Z10. Simply choose settings in the dropdown menu, then click System Volume and enable the Music Shortcuts by clicking On.
The BlackBerry Hub
You find yourself typing a message, then you suddenly feel the need to check your BlackBerry Hub for any updates in your online accounts? It's as easy as making the letter L.
It doesn't matter what you're doing with your Z10, but the moment you swipe your finger from the bottom left of the screen to the corner and up to the upper right hand part of the screen, Pocket-Lint reports that you'll be redirected to your inbox.
Exploring the BlackBerry Z10 keyboard is a fun experience, because, so far, it's been reported to be the best there is in the smartphones industry.
Recombu reports that there are easy shortcuts that would allow you to bring up the keyboard to the screen or delete words when typing a message.
For those who don't like retyping commonly used words, the Z10 keyboard allows you to create key-combos for words and phrases that you commonly use. This way, you have less typing involved.
Deleting a word is also easy and done with the swiping motion. Just start from the backspace button and swipe it to the center of your keyboard-saving you the time of deleting each letter, according to CNME Online.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L Rollout Prediction: Nexus 4, Moto X, HTC One, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, LG G2
- ‘World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update For The Classes Including Druid, Rogue And Priest [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Weekend Event For San Andreas Flight School Update And A Deals With Gold Offer
- 'Assassin's Creed' Update: 'Unity' And 'Rogue' Not A Multiplayer Player Game, Ubisoft Confirms
- Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One M8 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch