Sensex Up; Oil Retailers Gain
February 18, 2013 4:25 PM EST
The BSE Sensex is up 0.15 percent and the 50-share Nifty is up 0.09 percent. The focus is on the budget with market participants waiting to see if it will provide fiscal reform measures or whether the government will increase spending ahead of the general elections in 2014.
State-run oil retailers gain after increasing prices of petrol by 1.50 rupees per litre excluding local taxes, and diesel by 0.50 rupees per litre from Saturday.
The Reserve Bank of India chief struck a hawkish note on Saturday saying there are upside risks to inflation from food and commodity prices, while room for monetary easing is limited will put some dampener on hopes of a March rate cut.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Australian Stock Market Report – Midday August 26, 2014
- Survey Says Many Investors Unaware of True State of Stock Market
- Australian Stock Market Report – Morning August 27, 2014
- Australian Stock Market Report – Morning August 26, 2014
- 3 Keys to Real Estate Selling Success, According to Aussie Superstar Agent
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza