Police Officers Under Investigation, after Submitting Police Dog Peach's Witness Report
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 18, 2013 4:23 PM EST
In England, the West Midlands police officers are under investigation after they submitted a witness report that police dog "Peach" filed as a joke. The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) did not find the prank amusing and complained the gravity of the situation to the internal affairs division of the West Midlands police station.
The witness form was pinned up on the wall of the police station last week. The police officers decided to fill the form with a child-like handwriting and even signed it with a paw print as a humorous approach to deal with their every day stress at work.
Peach the Police Dog's form eventually ended up in the social networking sites like "Facebook" and "Twitter" where most of the users found the joke funny and commented on the exposed image of the witness form. The dog's witness form statement reads: "I chase him. I bite him. Bad man. He tasty. Good boy. Good boy Peach."
However, the CPS expressed their concern that a filed witness report must be taken seriously and should not be mistaken for a practical joke especially to the public. The West Midlands Police's Professional Standards Department has already spoken to the police officer who shared the photograph identified as PC Mark Tissington.
Fortunately, Mark Tissington might not be reprimanded for his actions as well as the police officer who wrote on the witness form. The unnamed police officer will reportedly not be given a disciplinary action over the incident.
"It's a difficult time for police and sometimes humor is a way of venting frustrations. I would urge our PSD to be even-handed in the way they deal with it," Ian Edwards, Chairman of the West Midlands branch of the Police Federation, stated.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Sickness: Prince Harry Cancels His 30th Birthday Party, Opts For Simple Gathering
- 24-year-old Playboy Model Marries 81-year-old Construction Tycoon Richard Lugner
- ISIS Murder Videos 'Turning On' Foreign Jihadists To Fight US and Britain [VIDEO]
- Rare Blue Flawless Diamond, Costing $25.6 Million, Is The Newest Attraction At The Natural History Museum
- Auckland Gay Men Warned of Having Sex in Bushes of Public Park
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date