Police Officers Under Investigation, after Submitting Police Dog Peach's Witness Report
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 18, 2013 4:23 PM EST
In England, the West Midlands police officers are under investigation after they submitted a witness report that police dog "Peach" filed as a joke. The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) did not find the prank amusing and complained the gravity of the situation to the internal affairs division of the West Midlands police station.
The witness form was pinned up on the wall of the police station last week. The police officers decided to fill the form with a child-like handwriting and even signed it with a paw print as a humorous approach to deal with their every day stress at work.
Peach the Police Dog's form eventually ended up in the social networking sites like "Facebook" and "Twitter" where most of the users found the joke funny and commented on the exposed image of the witness form. The dog's witness form statement reads: "I chase him. I bite him. Bad man. He tasty. Good boy. Good boy Peach."
However, the CPS expressed their concern that a filed witness report must be taken seriously and should not be mistaken for a practical joke especially to the public. The West Midlands Police's Professional Standards Department has already spoken to the police officer who shared the photograph identified as PC Mark Tissington.
Fortunately, Mark Tissington might not be reprimanded for his actions as well as the police officer who wrote on the witness form. The unnamed police officer will reportedly not be given a disciplinary action over the incident.
"It's a difficult time for police and sometimes humor is a way of venting frustrations. I would urge our PSD to be even-handed in the way they deal with it," Ian Edwards, Chairman of the West Midlands branch of the Police Federation, stated.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess All Smiles In First Public Appearance, Sickness Seems Over
- Kate Middleton To Give Birth To A 'Cheerful' Baby, Duchess Not Carrying Twins---Report
- Woman Stuck In Chimney: Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa Arrested For Attempted Break-In After Rescue Team Pulls Stuck Woman Out Of Chimney
- Ebola Fears Cause Hysteria In United States And Around The World
- Naked Russian Artist Strikes Anew, Cuts Off Earlobes To Protest Return Of Soviet-Era Policies
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery