Blink-182 Tours Australia without Drummer Travis Barker
By Gilda Galang | February 18, 2013 3:15 PM EST
Fans have been awaiting the touchdown of the Blink-182 down under for their Australian tour and the Soundwave weekend. Unfortunately, despite earlier news of joining the band, Travis Barker won't make it to the tour this year.
On his Facebook page, Barker tells fans, "I'm sorry to announce I won't be joining Blink-182 on this Australian tour... I hope to come to Australia again some day perhaps by ship if need be. Unfortunately, there wasn't a boat that worked with the schedule this time around."
Still, the drummer gave the band his blessing to play for their fans in Australia, and Blink-182 will push through with their tour.
On the band's official page, they expressed their regret for not being complete as the original trio, but still reassured fans that playing for them is something they will see through the end.
"The trip to Australia was planned during our European tour last summer. Travis has been working to overcome his fear of flying. We love our fans in Australia so canceling was not an option, so we still plan to come and play some kick ass shows."
In the effort of keeping the show together, Brooks Wackerman, the drummer of Bad Religion, and a good friend of the band, will be taking on the drums for Blink-182's shows.
Barker was involved in a plane crash in 2008, two of whom Barker considered as his best friends. The pilot and co-pilot of the Learjet crash were also killed, due to burns and smoke inhalation, reports Today. Only barker and celebrity disc jockey DJ AM survived.
The Vine reports that Barker has been suffering from a phobia of flying, and has, since then, been taking boats as a means of travel.
Blink-182 will be hitting the stage on February 20 at the Allphones Arena and again on February 23 at the RNA Showgrounds, before their Soundwave weekend. The band will be playing in Melbourne on February 26 and 27 and March 1, in Adelaide on March 2, and Claremont on March 4.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales