Blink-182 Tours Australia without Drummer Travis Barker
By Gilda Galang | February 18, 2013 3:15 PM EST
Fans have been awaiting the touchdown of the Blink-182 down under for their Australian tour and the Soundwave weekend. Unfortunately, despite earlier news of joining the band, Travis Barker won't make it to the tour this year.
On his Facebook page, Barker tells fans, "I'm sorry to announce I won't be joining Blink-182 on this Australian tour... I hope to come to Australia again some day perhaps by ship if need be. Unfortunately, there wasn't a boat that worked with the schedule this time around."
Still, the drummer gave the band his blessing to play for their fans in Australia, and Blink-182 will push through with their tour.
On the band's official page, they expressed their regret for not being complete as the original trio, but still reassured fans that playing for them is something they will see through the end.
"The trip to Australia was planned during our European tour last summer. Travis has been working to overcome his fear of flying. We love our fans in Australia so canceling was not an option, so we still plan to come and play some kick ass shows."
In the effort of keeping the show together, Brooks Wackerman, the drummer of Bad Religion, and a good friend of the band, will be taking on the drums for Blink-182's shows.
Barker was involved in a plane crash in 2008, two of whom Barker considered as his best friends. The pilot and co-pilot of the Learjet crash were also killed, due to burns and smoke inhalation, reports Today. Only barker and celebrity disc jockey DJ AM survived.
The Vine reports that Barker has been suffering from a phobia of flying, and has, since then, been taking boats as a means of travel.
Blink-182 will be hitting the stage on February 20 at the Allphones Arena and again on February 23 at the RNA Showgrounds, before their Soundwave weekend. The band will be playing in Melbourne on February 26 and 27 and March 1, in Adelaide on March 2, and Claremont on March 4.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Kaley Cuoco Says ‘Season 8 Here We Come’ In Instagram Video, Sports Pixie Haircut
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Google Works on Powering Up Chromebook Line to Kill Competitors, Nvidia Joins with Acer for New Killer Laptop