Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. LG Optimus G Pro: Which Korean Phablet Reigns Supreme?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 18, 2013 2:49 PM EST
The LG Optimus G Pro is an Android-powered quad-core pahblet sporting a 5.5-inch screen display like the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. The Optimus G Pro is expected to pack a 5.5 inch display featuring a full HD 1080p resolution, 2 GB of RAM and a quad-core CPU that should be of the "Snapdragon S4 Pro" kind.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3, on the other hand, It is speculated that the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 would make its grand debut at the 2013 Mobile World Congress in Barcelona later this month in its keynote. The rumours are fuelled by the significant price drop of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 at some resellers early this month.
The upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is rumoured to have a massive 6.3 inch flexible screen display and Samsung's newest eight core processor. Samsung is significantly raising the bar for the entire mobile marketplace in general, and Samsung's smartphone competition in particular.
Samsung is rumoured to include their very own eight-core Exynos Octa processor that was debuted at CES, which is actually 2 sets of quad core processors working together. The two 4-packs intelligently alternate between performance and energy efficiency, depending on your requests and the operations you are currently running.
Samsung is also speculated to put a generous 70% increase in battery life, and at this time wireless carrier availability and pricing has not been revealed.
Below is the comparison of the two phablets made by two prime Korean companies.
Screen Display - The LG Optimus G Pro sports a 5.5-inch full HD screen display. Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is rumoured to feature a massive 6.3 inch flexible screen display.
Processor - The LG Optimus G Pro will be powered by a quad-core CPU. Samsung is rumoured to include their very own eight-core Exynos Octa processor that was debuted at CES.
Operating System - Both devices are rumoured to run with the latest Androidv4.2 of Jelly Bean OS.
Camera - Both devices are rumoured to have 13MP rear shooters.
Battery Life - LG Optimus G Pro packs a 3000 mAh battery. Samsung, on the other hand, will give a generous 70% increase in battery life.
Other Features - Latest rumours claimed that Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will have Air View-like capabilities both when using the S-Pen and your finger. As you probably, the Galaxy Note 2 already has a floating touch gesture feature, but, for the time being its functionality is only limited to the proximity sensor. The device will also boot an improve S-Pen stylus.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Childhood Obesity is Strongly Linked With Early Puberty: Study Reveals
- Why Internet of Things is the Next Big Thing for Tech Giants like Samsung, Google and Apple
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Megan Fox's Weight Loss Aided by Low Carb Paleo Diet: Benefits of the Diet