Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. LG Optimus G Pro: Which Korean Phablet Reigns Supreme?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 18, 2013 2:49 PM EST
The LG Optimus G Pro is an Android-powered quad-core pahblet sporting a 5.5-inch screen display like the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. The Optimus G Pro is expected to pack a 5.5 inch display featuring a full HD 1080p resolution, 2 GB of RAM and a quad-core CPU that should be of the "Snapdragon S4 Pro" kind.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3, on the other hand, It is speculated that the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 would make its grand debut at the 2013 Mobile World Congress in Barcelona later this month in its keynote. The rumours are fuelled by the significant price drop of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 at some resellers early this month.
The upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is rumoured to have a massive 6.3 inch flexible screen display and Samsung's newest eight core processor. Samsung is significantly raising the bar for the entire mobile marketplace in general, and Samsung's smartphone competition in particular.
Samsung is rumoured to include their very own eight-core Exynos Octa processor that was debuted at CES, which is actually 2 sets of quad core processors working together. The two 4-packs intelligently alternate between performance and energy efficiency, depending on your requests and the operations you are currently running.
Samsung is also speculated to put a generous 70% increase in battery life, and at this time wireless carrier availability and pricing has not been revealed.
Below is the comparison of the two phablets made by two prime Korean companies.
Screen Display - The LG Optimus G Pro sports a 5.5-inch full HD screen display. Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is rumoured to feature a massive 6.3 inch flexible screen display.
Processor - The LG Optimus G Pro will be powered by a quad-core CPU. Samsung is rumoured to include their very own eight-core Exynos Octa processor that was debuted at CES.
Operating System - Both devices are rumoured to run with the latest Androidv4.2 of Jelly Bean OS.
Camera - Both devices are rumoured to have 13MP rear shooters.
Battery Life - LG Optimus G Pro packs a 3000 mAh battery. Samsung, on the other hand, will give a generous 70% increase in battery life.
Other Features - Latest rumours claimed that Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will have Air View-like capabilities both when using the S-Pen and your finger. As you probably, the Galaxy Note 2 already has a floating touch gesture feature, but, for the time being its functionality is only limited to the proximity sensor. The device will also boot an improve S-Pen stylus.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists