How to Unlock Samsung Galaxy S3, Note 2 in 5 Simple Steps
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 18, 2013 2:00 PM EST
People who purchased their Samsung Galaxy S3 from carriers know that the handset is locked to that carrier. If they want to use it with another carrier then they have to get the handset unlocked. Once unlocked, the device could then be sent to a relative abroad or the user would be able to take it on holiday without any issues.
Auto-o-Mobile published an article on how to unlock your Samsung Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2. Below are the five easy steps to unlock your smartphones.
- Put a different SIM to your own into the handset and then turn off the handset and switch it back on with that SIM inside.
- Go to the dial pad on your phone and then type in *#197328640#.
- Head over to the Main Menu of the device >  UMTS >  Debug Screen >  Phone Control >  Network Lock > Options Perso SHA256 OFF > and wait for around 30 seconds.
- You should then head to Menu and choose Back, where you will come across the Network Lock. Choose  NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ.
- Enter *#197328640#.
If all has gone well then you should have unlocked the Samsung Galaxy S3 or any other handset, such as the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. This means that the device should work with any carrier when you insert the SIM card. Samsung have been known to have used this code for some time and; therefore, it could work with other devices too.
However, everyone who wanted to try to unlock their handsets using this procedure are advised to proceed with caution as you may brick your phone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft