Glass Fragments Could Be Inside Your Favourite Schweppes Drinks
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 18, 2013 1:07 PM EST
A commercial made by amateurs of a Schweppes drink posted in YouTube showed that the bottled liquid produces burp.
However, Schweppes drinkers in New Zealand should be warned that it could also produce pain and blood because of glass fragments found in five flavors - lemonade, tonic water, soda, dry ginger ale and soda lemonade twist.
The affected drinks are those in 300 ml clear glass bottles with best before dates between Jan 10, 2014 and Jan 30, 2014.
Coca-Cola Amatil, the producer of Schweppes, had recalled the said products caused by a fault in the glass bottles that could have resulted in chipped finishes and glass fragments. Coca-Cola advised consumers not to drink the affected products.
The company offered replacement vouchers and making arrangement to collect the dangerous drinks. Consumers who have the items mentioned above should contact Coca-Cola customer services at 0800 505 123.
The drinks were sold individually or in packs of four at supermarkets, cafes, licensed premises and other retail outlets across New Zealand.
Meanwhile, Coca-Cola Amatil supported the initiative of the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission to crackdown on aggressive supermarket practices such as selling of popular items below cost.
However, the drinks manufacturer is not in favour of the appointment of an industry ombudsman and the crafting of a mandatory code of conduct for the food industry but would rather have a debate over the supermarket giants' practices, said Coca-Cola Amatil Chief Executive Terry Davis.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Google Works on Powering Up Chromebook Line to Kill Competitors, Nvidia Joins with Acer for New Killer Laptop