Glass Fragments Could Be Inside Your Favourite Schweppes Drinks
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 18, 2013 1:07 PM EST
A commercial made by amateurs of a Schweppes drink posted in YouTube showed that the bottled liquid produces burp.
However, Schweppes drinkers in New Zealand should be warned that it could also produce pain and blood because of glass fragments found in five flavors - lemonade, tonic water, soda, dry ginger ale and soda lemonade twist.
The affected drinks are those in 300 ml clear glass bottles with best before dates between Jan 10, 2014 and Jan 30, 2014.
Coca-Cola Amatil, the producer of Schweppes, had recalled the said products caused by a fault in the glass bottles that could have resulted in chipped finishes and glass fragments. Coca-Cola advised consumers not to drink the affected products.
The company offered replacement vouchers and making arrangement to collect the dangerous drinks. Consumers who have the items mentioned above should contact Coca-Cola customer services at 0800 505 123.
The drinks were sold individually or in packs of four at supermarkets, cafes, licensed premises and other retail outlets across New Zealand.
Meanwhile, Coca-Cola Amatil supported the initiative of the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission to crackdown on aggressive supermarket practices such as selling of popular items below cost.
However, the drinks manufacturer is not in favour of the appointment of an industry ombudsman and the crafting of a mandatory code of conduct for the food industry but would rather have a debate over the supermarket giants' practices, said Coca-Cola Amatil Chief Executive Terry Davis.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies
- Fast Food Meat Scandal: McDonald’s Suspend Nuggets and McSpicy Chicken Filets
- Air New Zealand Flies Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
- Solution to Your Old Unwanted Phones Comes with MobileMuster Scheme
- IBM Named Leader in Worldwide Managed Security Services
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]