Glass Fragments Could Be Inside Your Favourite Schweppes Drinks
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 18, 2013 1:07 PM EST
A commercial made by amateurs of a Schweppes drink posted in YouTube showed that the bottled liquid produces burp.
However, Schweppes drinkers in New Zealand should be warned that it could also produce pain and blood because of glass fragments found in five flavors - lemonade, tonic water, soda, dry ginger ale and soda lemonade twist.
The affected drinks are those in 300 ml clear glass bottles with best before dates between Jan 10, 2014 and Jan 30, 2014.
Coca-Cola Amatil, the producer of Schweppes, had recalled the said products caused by a fault in the glass bottles that could have resulted in chipped finishes and glass fragments. Coca-Cola advised consumers not to drink the affected products.
The company offered replacement vouchers and making arrangement to collect the dangerous drinks. Consumers who have the items mentioned above should contact Coca-Cola customer services at 0800 505 123.
The drinks were sold individually or in packs of four at supermarkets, cafes, licensed premises and other retail outlets across New Zealand.
Meanwhile, Coca-Cola Amatil supported the initiative of the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission to crackdown on aggressive supermarket practices such as selling of popular items below cost.
However, the drinks manufacturer is not in favour of the appointment of an industry ombudsman and the crafting of a mandatory code of conduct for the food industry but would rather have a debate over the supermarket giants' practices, said Coca-Cola Amatil Chief Executive Terry Davis.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown