Glass Fragments Could Be Inside Your Favourite Schweppes Drinks
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 18, 2013 1:07 PM EST
A commercial made by amateurs of a Schweppes drink posted in YouTube showed that the bottled liquid produces burp.
However, Schweppes drinkers in New Zealand should be warned that it could also produce pain and blood because of glass fragments found in five flavors - lemonade, tonic water, soda, dry ginger ale and soda lemonade twist.
The affected drinks are those in 300 ml clear glass bottles with best before dates between Jan 10, 2014 and Jan 30, 2014.
Coca-Cola Amatil, the producer of Schweppes, had recalled the said products caused by a fault in the glass bottles that could have resulted in chipped finishes and glass fragments. Coca-Cola advised consumers not to drink the affected products.
The company offered replacement vouchers and making arrangement to collect the dangerous drinks. Consumers who have the items mentioned above should contact Coca-Cola customer services at 0800 505 123.
The drinks were sold individually or in packs of four at supermarkets, cafes, licensed premises and other retail outlets across New Zealand.
Meanwhile, Coca-Cola Amatil supported the initiative of the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission to crackdown on aggressive supermarket practices such as selling of popular items below cost.
However, the drinks manufacturer is not in favour of the appointment of an industry ombudsman and the crafting of a mandatory code of conduct for the food industry but would rather have a debate over the supermarket giants' practices, said Coca-Cola Amatil Chief Executive Terry Davis.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’