Glass Fragments Could Be Inside Your Favourite Schweppes Drinks
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 18, 2013 1:07 PM EST
A commercial made by amateurs of a Schweppes drink posted in YouTube showed that the bottled liquid produces burp.
However, Schweppes drinkers in New Zealand should be warned that it could also produce pain and blood because of glass fragments found in five flavors - lemonade, tonic water, soda, dry ginger ale and soda lemonade twist.
The affected drinks are those in 300 ml clear glass bottles with best before dates between Jan 10, 2014 and Jan 30, 2014.
Coca-Cola Amatil, the producer of Schweppes, had recalled the said products caused by a fault in the glass bottles that could have resulted in chipped finishes and glass fragments. Coca-Cola advised consumers not to drink the affected products.
The company offered replacement vouchers and making arrangement to collect the dangerous drinks. Consumers who have the items mentioned above should contact Coca-Cola customer services at 0800 505 123.
The drinks were sold individually or in packs of four at supermarkets, cafes, licensed premises and other retail outlets across New Zealand.
Meanwhile, Coca-Cola Amatil supported the initiative of the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission to crackdown on aggressive supermarket practices such as selling of popular items below cost.
However, the drinks manufacturer is not in favour of the appointment of an industry ombudsman and the crafting of a mandatory code of conduct for the food industry but would rather have a debate over the supermarket giants' practices, said Coca-Cola Amatil Chief Executive Terry Davis.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown