Reeva Steenkamp Boyfriend Oscar Pistorius 'Admits' Murder: 'I've killed my baba'
By Czarina Malleta | February 18, 2013 1:06 PM EST
"The Blade Runner" was said to have admitted to killing his girlfriend Reeva Steekamp to his best friend during the early morning of Thursday last week. After investigations, the South African golden boy Oscar Pistorius was charged with murder.
Oscar Pistorius could have reaped more success in the future if the recent tragedy involving him didn't happen. As well as for Reeva Steekamp, the model was deprived of the bright future she could have had.
It was a tragic Valentine's Day in South Africa when news about Reeca Steekamp's murder broke out. To the shock of many, the main suspect was Oscar Pistorius. Known as "The Blade Runner," the Paralympics athlete has inspired millions all over the world with his success in sports. But now, Oscar's world is turned upside down.
South African detectives are working on a theory on how Reeva was killed. She was found dead inside the bathroom of Pistorius, soaked in blood. Police claimed that Pistorius fired four gunshots that hit Steekamp in the head, hips, arm and hand.
According to new police reports, Reeva's skull was crushed. They are currently investigating a bloodied cricket bat that was found in the crime scene as well as one bullet cartridge that inside Pistorius' bedroom.
There were conclusions that the first shot may have been fired in the bedroom hitting Reeva's hips before she came running to "hide" in the bathroom. Three more shots were said to have been fired through the bathroom door.
"The suspicion is that the first shot, in the bedroom, hit her in the hips. She then ran and locked herself in the toilet. She was doubled over because of the pain. He fired three more shots. She probably covered her head which is why the bullet also went through her hand," a source said.
Meanwhile, Oscar's father, Henke Pistorius said that he has no doubt that his son is innocent. He firmly believes that Oscar has mistaken Reeva to be an intruder.
"We have no doubt there is no substance to the allegation and that the State's case, including its own forensic evidence, strongly refutes any possibility of premeditated murder or indeed any murder at all," Henke said.
However, their claims would be conflicting to new evidences found in Oscar's bedroom. Police authorities said that Reeva was wearing a night gown and that her overnight bag and iPad were inside the bedroom. So Oscar was well aware that his girlfriend was inside the house.
In addition to new evidences that might possibly put Oscar behind bars. His friend Justin Divaris admits that Pistorius frantically called him around 3:55 a.m. to tell him he "killed" Reeva.
"My baba, I've killed my baba. God take me away," Pistorious said crying to Divaris on Thursday.
"Oscar called me at 3.55am saying that Reeva had been shot. I said to him, 'What are you talking about? I don't understand you.' He then repeated himself - 'There has been a terrible accident, I shot Reeva," Justin confessed.
Last Friday Oscar Pistorius appeared for the first time in court. He bursted in tears while the prosecutors discussed how they would charge him for murdering his girlfriend. There to support him were his father and brother who stood behind him throughout the session.
Reeva Steekamp's funeral would be on Tuesday, the same day that Pistorius is due to appear in court with his lawyers for the second time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales