Reeva Steenkamp Boyfriend Oscar Pistorius 'Admits' Murder: 'I've killed my baba'
By Czarina Malleta | February 18, 2013 1:06 PM EST
"The Blade Runner" was said to have admitted to killing his girlfriend Reeva Steekamp to his best friend during the early morning of Thursday last week. After investigations, the South African golden boy Oscar Pistorius was charged with murder.
Oscar Pistorius could have reaped more success in the future if the recent tragedy involving him didn't happen. As well as for Reeva Steekamp, the model was deprived of the bright future she could have had.
It was a tragic Valentine's Day in South Africa when news about Reeca Steekamp's murder broke out. To the shock of many, the main suspect was Oscar Pistorius. Known as "The Blade Runner," the Paralympics athlete has inspired millions all over the world with his success in sports. But now, Oscar's world is turned upside down.
South African detectives are working on a theory on how Reeva was killed. She was found dead inside the bathroom of Pistorius, soaked in blood. Police claimed that Pistorius fired four gunshots that hit Steekamp in the head, hips, arm and hand.
According to new police reports, Reeva's skull was crushed. They are currently investigating a bloodied cricket bat that was found in the crime scene as well as one bullet cartridge that inside Pistorius' bedroom.
There were conclusions that the first shot may have been fired in the bedroom hitting Reeva's hips before she came running to "hide" in the bathroom. Three more shots were said to have been fired through the bathroom door.
"The suspicion is that the first shot, in the bedroom, hit her in the hips. She then ran and locked herself in the toilet. She was doubled over because of the pain. He fired three more shots. She probably covered her head which is why the bullet also went through her hand," a source said.
Meanwhile, Oscar's father, Henke Pistorius said that he has no doubt that his son is innocent. He firmly believes that Oscar has mistaken Reeva to be an intruder.
"We have no doubt there is no substance to the allegation and that the State's case, including its own forensic evidence, strongly refutes any possibility of premeditated murder or indeed any murder at all," Henke said.
However, their claims would be conflicting to new evidences found in Oscar's bedroom. Police authorities said that Reeva was wearing a night gown and that her overnight bag and iPad were inside the bedroom. So Oscar was well aware that his girlfriend was inside the house.
In addition to new evidences that might possibly put Oscar behind bars. His friend Justin Divaris admits that Pistorius frantically called him around 3:55 a.m. to tell him he "killed" Reeva.
"My baba, I've killed my baba. God take me away," Pistorious said crying to Divaris on Thursday.
"Oscar called me at 3.55am saying that Reeva had been shot. I said to him, 'What are you talking about? I don't understand you.' He then repeated himself - 'There has been a terrible accident, I shot Reeva," Justin confessed.
Last Friday Oscar Pistorius appeared for the first time in court. He bursted in tears while the prosecutors discussed how they would charge him for murdering his girlfriend. There to support him were his father and brother who stood behind him throughout the session.
Reeva Steekamp's funeral would be on Tuesday, the same day that Pistorius is due to appear in court with his lawyers for the second time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- USA Defeats Lithuania, 96-68; Americans Advance To Championship Round Of 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers