Reeva Steenkamp Boyfriend Oscar Pistorius 'Admits' Murder: 'I've killed my baba'
By Czarina Malleta | February 18, 2013 1:06 PM EST
"The Blade Runner" was said to have admitted to killing his girlfriend Reeva Steekamp to his best friend during the early morning of Thursday last week. After investigations, the South African golden boy Oscar Pistorius was charged with murder.
Oscar Pistorius could have reaped more success in the future if the recent tragedy involving him didn't happen. As well as for Reeva Steekamp, the model was deprived of the bright future she could have had.
It was a tragic Valentine's Day in South Africa when news about Reeca Steekamp's murder broke out. To the shock of many, the main suspect was Oscar Pistorius. Known as "The Blade Runner," the Paralympics athlete has inspired millions all over the world with his success in sports. But now, Oscar's world is turned upside down.
South African detectives are working on a theory on how Reeva was killed. She was found dead inside the bathroom of Pistorius, soaked in blood. Police claimed that Pistorius fired four gunshots that hit Steekamp in the head, hips, arm and hand.
According to new police reports, Reeva's skull was crushed. They are currently investigating a bloodied cricket bat that was found in the crime scene as well as one bullet cartridge that inside Pistorius' bedroom.
There were conclusions that the first shot may have been fired in the bedroom hitting Reeva's hips before she came running to "hide" in the bathroom. Three more shots were said to have been fired through the bathroom door.
"The suspicion is that the first shot, in the bedroom, hit her in the hips. She then ran and locked herself in the toilet. She was doubled over because of the pain. He fired three more shots. She probably covered her head which is why the bullet also went through her hand," a source said.
Meanwhile, Oscar's father, Henke Pistorius said that he has no doubt that his son is innocent. He firmly believes that Oscar has mistaken Reeva to be an intruder.
"We have no doubt there is no substance to the allegation and that the State's case, including its own forensic evidence, strongly refutes any possibility of premeditated murder or indeed any murder at all," Henke said.
However, their claims would be conflicting to new evidences found in Oscar's bedroom. Police authorities said that Reeva was wearing a night gown and that her overnight bag and iPad were inside the bedroom. So Oscar was well aware that his girlfriend was inside the house.
In addition to new evidences that might possibly put Oscar behind bars. His friend Justin Divaris admits that Pistorius frantically called him around 3:55 a.m. to tell him he "killed" Reeva.
"My baba, I've killed my baba. God take me away," Pistorious said crying to Divaris on Thursday.
"Oscar called me at 3.55am saying that Reeva had been shot. I said to him, 'What are you talking about? I don't understand you.' He then repeated himself - 'There has been a terrible accident, I shot Reeva," Justin confessed.
Last Friday Oscar Pistorius appeared for the first time in court. He bursted in tears while the prosecutors discussed how they would charge him for murdering his girlfriend. There to support him were his father and brother who stood behind him throughout the session.
Reeva Steekamp's funeral would be on Tuesday, the same day that Pistorius is due to appear in court with his lawyers for the second time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar