Reeva Steenkamp Boyfriend Oscar Pistorius 'Admits' Murder: 'I've killed my baba'
By Czarina Malleta | February 18, 2013 1:06 PM EST
"The Blade Runner" was said to have admitted to killing his girlfriend Reeva Steekamp to his best friend during the early morning of Thursday last week. After investigations, the South African golden boy Oscar Pistorius was charged with murder.
Oscar Pistorius could have reaped more success in the future if the recent tragedy involving him didn't happen. As well as for Reeva Steekamp, the model was deprived of the bright future she could have had.
It was a tragic Valentine's Day in South Africa when news about Reeca Steekamp's murder broke out. To the shock of many, the main suspect was Oscar Pistorius. Known as "The Blade Runner," the Paralympics athlete has inspired millions all over the world with his success in sports. But now, Oscar's world is turned upside down.
South African detectives are working on a theory on how Reeva was killed. She was found dead inside the bathroom of Pistorius, soaked in blood. Police claimed that Pistorius fired four gunshots that hit Steekamp in the head, hips, arm and hand.
According to new police reports, Reeva's skull was crushed. They are currently investigating a bloodied cricket bat that was found in the crime scene as well as one bullet cartridge that inside Pistorius' bedroom.
There were conclusions that the first shot may have been fired in the bedroom hitting Reeva's hips before she came running to "hide" in the bathroom. Three more shots were said to have been fired through the bathroom door.
"The suspicion is that the first shot, in the bedroom, hit her in the hips. She then ran and locked herself in the toilet. She was doubled over because of the pain. He fired three more shots. She probably covered her head which is why the bullet also went through her hand," a source said.
Meanwhile, Oscar's father, Henke Pistorius said that he has no doubt that his son is innocent. He firmly believes that Oscar has mistaken Reeva to be an intruder.
"We have no doubt there is no substance to the allegation and that the State's case, including its own forensic evidence, strongly refutes any possibility of premeditated murder or indeed any murder at all," Henke said.
However, their claims would be conflicting to new evidences found in Oscar's bedroom. Police authorities said that Reeva was wearing a night gown and that her overnight bag and iPad were inside the bedroom. So Oscar was well aware that his girlfriend was inside the house.
In addition to new evidences that might possibly put Oscar behind bars. His friend Justin Divaris admits that Pistorius frantically called him around 3:55 a.m. to tell him he "killed" Reeva.
"My baba, I've killed my baba. God take me away," Pistorious said crying to Divaris on Thursday.
"Oscar called me at 3.55am saying that Reeva had been shot. I said to him, 'What are you talking about? I don't understand you.' He then repeated himself - 'There has been a terrible accident, I shot Reeva," Justin confessed.
Last Friday Oscar Pistorius appeared for the first time in court. He bursted in tears while the prosecutors discussed how they would charge him for murdering his girlfriend. There to support him were his father and brother who stood behind him throughout the session.
Reeva Steekamp's funeral would be on Tuesday, the same day that Pistorius is due to appear in court with his lawyers for the second time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tasks Engineers to Create the Perfect Tennis Racquet [VIDEO]
- LeBron James and Cleveland Cavaliers the Team to Beat in the East – Paul George
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Renewed Hope for Blues, as Paul Pogba's Agent Revealed that 'Anything is Possible'
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Receives Mixed Reactions on Twitter
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports
- LG G2 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Guide: When to Hit Your Region and How to Install
- Update Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini with Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- LG G3 To Debut Moon Violet and Burgundy Red Shades in August; Upcoming LG Devices Roundup