Oscars 2013 Fashion Predictions: Who Would Win on the Red Carpet
By Ayessa Desiderio | February 18, 2013 12:11 PM EST
The Academy Awards is more than just an awards show for the top performing films and artists in the industry. It is a night of celebrity schmoozing, of wining and dining, of designer dresses and tuxedos. For this show, all eyes are trained almost exclusively on the red carpet and all celebrities are dressed to the nines to make sure they're camera ready from all angles.
The crème de la crème of Hollywood comes out for one night a year, and although it lasts less than 24 hours, they definitely know how to make it count. All the awards show that came before are but a prelude to the Oscars, but they are a good indication of what we will see on the big stage. As the Oscars approaches, it may be a good time to observe which style heavyweights have wowed the world with their fashion choices on the red carpet so far this season.
The French beauty is in the running for the prestigious golden statue, and this is one actress you cannot overlook in the red carpet. Her Christian Dior yellow number is the talk of the town at the BAFTAs and she has been consistently on top of the style game this season. Always looking immaculately chic in edgy but sophisticated dresses, Marion Cotillard will undeniably continue her winning streak at the Oscars-at least in the fashion department.
Another talent nominated for a Best Actress in the Oscars, Jessica Chastain makes sure she always looks the part of a polished A-list celebrity. Always picking dresses that complement her flawless complexion and pretty face, the stunning nominee has kept her fashion choices this season bold but classy. Her dazzling Marchesa gown at the SAG Awards particularly spoke well of Watts' red carpet charm and old Hollywood glamour, and we're hoping to see more of this in the Oscars.
Jennifer Lawrence has taken Hollywood by storm, and it's no different for the red carpet. Fashion bigwigs love the actress' youthful take on classic gowns, and this industry darling isn't afraid to slip into daring pieces. It has paid off as Lawrence is considered by many as the one to watch at the 2013 Academy Awards. Her Golden Globes look was praised by many as she stunned in a strapless Christian Dior gown-and the night ended in a win for the young actress as well.
Other proven style darlings that will certainly hit it out of the park in the Oscars are Rachel Weisz, Anne Hathaway, Emily Blunt and Charlize Theron.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine