Oscars 2013 Fashion Predictions: Who Would Win on the Red Carpet
By Ayessa Desiderio | February 18, 2013 12:11 PM EST
The Academy Awards is more than just an awards show for the top performing films and artists in the industry. It is a night of celebrity schmoozing, of wining and dining, of designer dresses and tuxedos. For this show, all eyes are trained almost exclusively on the red carpet and all celebrities are dressed to the nines to make sure they're camera ready from all angles.
The crème de la crème of Hollywood comes out for one night a year, and although it lasts less than 24 hours, they definitely know how to make it count. All the awards show that came before are but a prelude to the Oscars, but they are a good indication of what we will see on the big stage. As the Oscars approaches, it may be a good time to observe which style heavyweights have wowed the world with their fashion choices on the red carpet so far this season.
The French beauty is in the running for the prestigious golden statue, and this is one actress you cannot overlook in the red carpet. Her Christian Dior yellow number is the talk of the town at the BAFTAs and she has been consistently on top of the style game this season. Always looking immaculately chic in edgy but sophisticated dresses, Marion Cotillard will undeniably continue her winning streak at the Oscars-at least in the fashion department.
Another talent nominated for a Best Actress in the Oscars, Jessica Chastain makes sure she always looks the part of a polished A-list celebrity. Always picking dresses that complement her flawless complexion and pretty face, the stunning nominee has kept her fashion choices this season bold but classy. Her dazzling Marchesa gown at the SAG Awards particularly spoke well of Watts' red carpet charm and old Hollywood glamour, and we're hoping to see more of this in the Oscars.
Jennifer Lawrence has taken Hollywood by storm, and it's no different for the red carpet. Fashion bigwigs love the actress' youthful take on classic gowns, and this industry darling isn't afraid to slip into daring pieces. It has paid off as Lawrence is considered by many as the one to watch at the 2013 Academy Awards. Her Golden Globes look was praised by many as she stunned in a strapless Christian Dior gown-and the night ended in a win for the young actress as well.
Other proven style darlings that will certainly hit it out of the park in the Oscars are Rachel Weisz, Anne Hathaway, Emily Blunt and Charlize Theron.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2