Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Rumors: Top 5 Confirmed Features to be Revealed on May Release Date
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 18, 2013 11:27 AM EST
Accessory makers are expecting to roll out tailor made covers for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini variant in the month of May 2013. "The Galaxy S4 mini accessories need to be done by week 21, which happens to be the May 20-26 week, but we have no way to confirm it at this time," said the report of Android Authority.
Initial reports claimed that the much awaited Samsung Galaxy S4 will be released alongside Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini.
The new rumour indicates that the Samsung Galaxy S4 is one of three products that are making up Samsung's "Project J". According to SamMobile, the S4 is getting the "Mini" treatment right out of the gate, at least if the rumour mill proves correct.
The simultaneous launch of the Samsung Galaxy S4 and its miniature version seemed to be a plan to counter the rumoured launch of the next iPhone and the low cost iPhone planned to be released this year.
This negates the earlier reports which claimed that the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S4 will be released on March 15 weeks after the Mobile World Congress.
Samsung seemed to be planning an extravagant launch event for the successor of 2012's best-selling smartphone - Samsung Galaxy S3. Geeky-Gadgets claimed to have received a tip from a source working in a major retailer in the U.K that Samsung's smartphone will launch sometime between April 15 and April 22. It will hit the Australian shores around May or June 2013.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini currently dubbed as J Mini Serrano, may not have wireless charger. However, below are some of the most probable features that will be included in the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini.
Screen Display - The device is reportedly to be equipped with a 4.3-inch 720p HD display.
Internal Storage - The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini is rumoured to come with 16GB/32GB of internal memory.
Camera - The cheap Samsung smartphone will come with 8-mega pixel shooter on the rear and 2-mega pixels front facing camera.
Connectivity - The device is reported to support Wi-Fi, 3G, and 4G LTE.
Near Field Communication - The S4 Mini is also speculated to support NFC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid