HTC One XL with Android 4.2.2 Cyanogen Mod 10.1
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 18, 2013 11:12 AM EST
The HTC 2012 flagship model One XL is receiving an Android 4.2.2 Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightly Build. Cyanogen Mod developers are currently developing this custom ROM featuring the latest Jellybean 4.2.2 released by Google recently with all features of the stock ROM itself.
Owners of the HTC One XL with experience in flashing custom ROMs are encouraged to try out the Nightly Build and also encouraged to comment to XDA-developers.com about any bugs or suggestions.
The first CM 10.1 nightly is on get.cm and it is specifically designed for HTC One X and HTC One XL from AT&T.
According to this link, a code consists of the following:
- Your warranty is now void.
- I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
- Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it.
- You are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
So for users who want to give a try of this newly released Nightly Build, there are certain things to be done first before any flashing should be made.
1. Back up all data, files, and information such as photos, videos, contacts, and SMS just in case something goes wrong.
2. The device requires Root Access and must have manager apps for recovery and restorations.
3. Stock ROM to restore back the device to its original state to save warranty at least.
CM 10.1 Nightly Build Android 4.2.2 Jellybean for HTC One X and HTC One XL
1. Go to this link and download the latest CM 10.1 nightly.
2. Download the Google Apps here.
3. Wipe completely the device from Recovery Mode if you are not coming from CM 10.1 already. This includes Wipe Data/Reset and Cache.
4. Reboot into recovery and apply update from SD card to flash the Nightly Build ROM.
Changelogs include MMS package apps and Camera apps.
HTC One S and HTC EVO LTE owners have also Nightly Builds under the Android 4.2.x Jellybean using CM 10.1.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza
- US, Syria to Work Together to Vaporise ISIS
- European Central Bank Advises Action to Boost Demand and Employment In EU