HTC One XL with Android 4.2.2 Cyanogen Mod 10.1
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 18, 2013 11:12 AM EST
The HTC 2012 flagship model One XL is receiving an Android 4.2.2 Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightly Build. Cyanogen Mod developers are currently developing this custom ROM featuring the latest Jellybean 4.2.2 released by Google recently with all features of the stock ROM itself.
Owners of the HTC One XL with experience in flashing custom ROMs are encouraged to try out the Nightly Build and also encouraged to comment to XDA-developers.com about any bugs or suggestions.
The first CM 10.1 nightly is on get.cm and it is specifically designed for HTC One X and HTC One XL from AT&T.
According to this link, a code consists of the following:
- Your warranty is now void.
- I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
- Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it.
- You are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
So for users who want to give a try of this newly released Nightly Build, there are certain things to be done first before any flashing should be made.
1. Back up all data, files, and information such as photos, videos, contacts, and SMS just in case something goes wrong.
2. The device requires Root Access and must have manager apps for recovery and restorations.
3. Stock ROM to restore back the device to its original state to save warranty at least.
CM 10.1 Nightly Build Android 4.2.2 Jellybean for HTC One X and HTC One XL
1. Go to this link and download the latest CM 10.1 nightly.
2. Download the Google Apps here.
3. Wipe completely the device from Recovery Mode if you are not coming from CM 10.1 already. This includes Wipe Data/Reset and Cache.
4. Reboot into recovery and apply update from SD card to flash the Nightly Build ROM.
Changelogs include MMS package apps and Camera apps.
HTC One S and HTC EVO LTE owners have also Nightly Builds under the Android 4.2.x Jellybean using CM 10.1.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales