HTC One XL with Android 4.2.2 Cyanogen Mod 10.1
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 18, 2013 11:12 AM EST
The HTC 2012 flagship model One XL is receiving an Android 4.2.2 Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightly Build. Cyanogen Mod developers are currently developing this custom ROM featuring the latest Jellybean 4.2.2 released by Google recently with all features of the stock ROM itself.
Owners of the HTC One XL with experience in flashing custom ROMs are encouraged to try out the Nightly Build and also encouraged to comment to XDA-developers.com about any bugs or suggestions.
The first CM 10.1 nightly is on get.cm and it is specifically designed for HTC One X and HTC One XL from AT&T.
According to this link, a code consists of the following:
- Your warranty is now void.
- I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
- Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it.
- You are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
So for users who want to give a try of this newly released Nightly Build, there are certain things to be done first before any flashing should be made.
1. Back up all data, files, and information such as photos, videos, contacts, and SMS just in case something goes wrong.
2. The device requires Root Access and must have manager apps for recovery and restorations.
3. Stock ROM to restore back the device to its original state to save warranty at least.
CM 10.1 Nightly Build Android 4.2.2 Jellybean for HTC One X and HTC One XL
1. Go to this link and download the latest CM 10.1 nightly.
2. Download the Google Apps here.
3. Wipe completely the device from Recovery Mode if you are not coming from CM 10.1 already. This includes Wipe Data/Reset and Cache.
4. Reboot into recovery and apply update from SD card to flash the Nightly Build ROM.
Changelogs include MMS package apps and Camera apps.
HTC One S and HTC EVO LTE owners have also Nightly Builds under the Android 4.2.x Jellybean using CM 10.1.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation