iPhone 6, 5S Release Dates Should be Soon as iPhone 5 Demand Plunged, Say Analysts
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 18, 2013 11:08 AM EST
Apple sold an astonishing 5,000,000 devices in just the first weekend of sales. But, the number of iPhone 5 units selling at the moment seems to be dropping at an alarming rate.
Analysts thought that the sales and the demand for the iPhone 5 took a dive because of the rumoured release of the cheaper iPhone 5S.
There are whispers that Apple is bound to release a cheaper version of iPhone that is thought to be made entirely of fantastic plastic to save on costs, it is through that you could have one of your own for around three hundred bucks.
This may well help Apple to extend its range of products into the lower income bracket consumers as up until now, Apple has been sitting pretty at the top of the price scale when it comes to smartphones.
Apple CEO Tim Cook himself has to some extent broken his trademark silence to tell a Goldman Sachs conference that the Cupertino-based company has no interest in developing and releasing a "crappy product". This is an obvious response to the iPhone 5S rumours and a way to encourage customers to not hesitate in buying the latest iPhone 5.
New rumours claimed that tech giant Apple will released the next major iPhone in 2014.
Apple may not be able to release an iPhone with ground breaking specs and features this year, according to Jefferies analyst Peter Misek, who maintains a high level of confidence regarding his hardware predictions. As with any research-based report, the information within should be taken with a grain of salt.
Misek said that the original plan is to release an iPhone with a bigger screen display; however, Apple's screen suppliers are struggling with the manufacturing process in increasing the size of the 4-inch iPhone to 4.8-inches.
Misek concluded that Apple will release a low-cost iPhone in June, as well as an iPhone 5S, which a handset without major upgrades.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]