NBA Trade Rumors: Charlotte Bobcats Offer Ben Gordon For Toronto Raptors Andre Bargnani?
February 18, 2013 3:33 AM EST
After an alleged temper-tantrum during a team shootaround last week, the Charlotte Bobcats are shopping guard Ben Gordon and found a trade partner to their liking.
The Bobcats reportedly showed interest in former No. 1 overall pick Andrea Bargnani of the Toronto Raptors, according to ESPN’s Marc Stein.
Gordon, according to Yahoo! Sports, got into a heated exchange with Charlotte head coach Mike Dunlap, and team general manager Rod Higgins had to intervene. The Brooklyn Nets were the first club linked to Gordon, who could address the club's issues in their backcourt and poor three-point shooting.
It's unclear what sparked Gordon's outburst, but his minutes have been limited in Charlotte's last two games, and frustration might have spilled over due to the Bobcats last place 12-40 record.
The 29-year-old is a career 40.6 percent shooter from beyond the arc, only dipping below that mark once in eight seasons.
Long on the block, Bargnani is posting lows in points and shooting similar to his second year in the league. The Italian native is owed $33 million over the next two years, but Toronto could make the exchange straight up with Gordon’s $12 million salary this season close enough to make contracts match.
Though Stein reported the Raptors ultimately may not be interested, considering their developing talent in shooting guards Terrence Ross and DeMar DeRozan. Gordon could take minutes away from either.
Charlotte could easily absorb the remainder of Bargnani’s deal. The Bobcats will have almost $30 million of cap space next season.
Toronto is currently 7.5 games out of the final playoff spot in the East, but is not completely out of the hunt. A move for Gordon would pick Bargnani’s slack on offense, but a strong rebounder would be a better fit. The Raptors are 28 th the league in rebounding.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date