NBA Trade Rumors: Charlotte Bobcats Offer Ben Gordon For Toronto Raptors Andre Bargnani?
February 18, 2013 3:33 AM EST
After an alleged temper-tantrum during a team shootaround last week, the Charlotte Bobcats are shopping guard Ben Gordon and found a trade partner to their liking.
The Bobcats reportedly showed interest in former No. 1 overall pick Andrea Bargnani of the Toronto Raptors, according to ESPN’s Marc Stein.
Gordon, according to Yahoo! Sports, got into a heated exchange with Charlotte head coach Mike Dunlap, and team general manager Rod Higgins had to intervene. The Brooklyn Nets were the first club linked to Gordon, who could address the club's issues in their backcourt and poor three-point shooting.
It's unclear what sparked Gordon's outburst, but his minutes have been limited in Charlotte's last two games, and frustration might have spilled over due to the Bobcats last place 12-40 record.
The 29-year-old is a career 40.6 percent shooter from beyond the arc, only dipping below that mark once in eight seasons.
Long on the block, Bargnani is posting lows in points and shooting similar to his second year in the league. The Italian native is owed $33 million over the next two years, but Toronto could make the exchange straight up with Gordon’s $12 million salary this season close enough to make contracts match.
Though Stein reported the Raptors ultimately may not be interested, considering their developing talent in shooting guards Terrence Ross and DeMar DeRozan. Gordon could take minutes away from either.
Charlotte could easily absorb the remainder of Bargnani’s deal. The Bobcats will have almost $30 million of cap space next season.
Toronto is currently 7.5 games out of the final playoff spot in the East, but is not completely out of the hunt. A move for Gordon would pick Bargnani’s slack on offense, but a strong rebounder would be a better fit. The Raptors are 28 th the league in rebounding.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- Floyd Mayweather Proves He Can Read, Releases An Audio Of Him Reading
- Roger Federer and Michael Jordan Collaborate To Create Sneaker History For the US Open 2014
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group A Preview, Prediction, Roster, Schedule: Spain and Brazil To Clinch Top 2 Spots, France, Serbia, And Iran To Battle For Remaining Slots
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko