Pregnant Kate Middleton Warned to Expect Tears on Rehab Visit
By Tom Porter | February 18, 2013 1:03 AM EST
The pregnant Duchess of Cambridge Catherine Middleton has been warned to expect tears on a planned visit to a rehab centre where young mothers are treated for drug and alcohol problems.
Research manager Amanda Thomson said: "This has to be one of the hardest jobs for her so far.
"These are heart-rending tales of what they have been through. It's a gritty issue - it will be an emotional day.
"The duchess has a heart and will certainly find it moving - it's impossible not to cry."
The centre offers treatment, support and education to families battling addiction.
"People have had really tough times and are trying to turn their lives around," Thomson said. She believes that Kate's pregnancy will make her visit "even more emotional".
Kate chose to become a patron of the charity after hearing about the plight of addicts and their children in 2011.
On her first official visit to the 23-bed residential centre she will chat to patients and children who live there with their mothers.
Kate is a patron of four organisations and is looking for four more to support.
As Kate enjoyed a break on the luxury Caribbean island of Mustique with Prince William last week, it has emerged that a government watchdog is to perform an audit of the Royal Family's accounts to assess if they represent value for money.
City experts believe that if the Royals were to charge for appearances, the family would be able to command fees in excess of £250 million.
"Against the earning power of the glitterati and so-called celebrities the Royal Family is a financial snip", City commentator David Bulk told the Sunday Express.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation