LG‘s ‘Optimus L Series’ Smartphone Hits 15 Million Sales Milestone
By Rohit KVN | February 17, 2013 8:22 PM EST
South Korean electronics major LG announced it sold more 15 million Optimus L Series smartphone units since its launch at MWC (Mobile World Congress) 2012 in February last year.
LG claimed that it sold an Optimus L series device every second over the past two months, propelling the sales of the smartphones to over 15 million units.
"The success of the Optimus L Series is testament to our belief all along that there is indeed a market for well-balanced smartphones that represent individuals' unique tastes," said Dr Jong-seok Park, president and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company.
Dr Park while expressing optimism over the company's latest offering--Optimus L-II series said, "The new Optimus L SeriesII expands upon the design philosophy of the original series so we're quite confident that we'll have another hit on our hands."
Lately, LG has faced decline in its market share with the emergence of Chinese firms. According to market research firm IDC's (International Data Corporation) 2012 fourth quarter results, LG no longer features in the global top five mobile makers chart. Apart from table toppers Samsung and Apple, China-based Huawei and ZTE have emerged as strong contenders against LG, Sony,BlackBerry and HTC.
LG recently expanded its flagship Optimus L series with the three new smartphones - Optimus L3-II, L5-II and L7-II. All three will be officially unveiled at MWC 2013, which is scheduled to take place in Barcelona, Spain on 25 February.
(With inputs from LG)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies