FA Cup, Manchester City v Leeds: Where to Watch Live, Probable Teams
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 17, 2013 7:31 PM EST
Manchester City host Championship side Leeds United at the Etihad, as the reigning Premier League champions look to progress to the quarter finals of the FA Cup and keep themselves in contention for a trophy this season. Meanwhile, Leeds will be hoping for a better result than the last time they played a club in the top three of the Premier League; Neil Warnock's men were hammered 5-1 by Chelsea in the Capital One Cup earlier this season.
Where to Watch Live
Kick-off is set for 2pm GMT. Live coverage is on ESPN and ESPN HD. Radio coverage is on BBC Radio 5 live.
City trail league leaders Manchester United by 12 points after last week's defeat at St Mary's; Southampton's 3-1 win was followed by the Old Trafford club's 2-0 win over Everton. The loss, the points gap and poor performances at key points this season have placed further pressure on Roberto Mancini's job. However, the ex-Inter Milan boss remains confident he will be in charge for next season.
The club beat Stoke City in the previous round of this tournament, with Argentine utility man Pablo Zabaleta delivering the winning goal. The good news for City fans is their club has a strong FA Cup record; a win this season will make it two trophies in the past three years.
The bad news is that Leeds have pleasant memories of the last time these two sides played. That was back when the Whites were in the Premier League and goals from Stephen McPhail and Mark Viduka gave them a 2-1 win over a City team managed by Kevin Keegan. That was nine years ago.
Much has changed since then and given the talent and riches available to Mancini, Leeds will certainly not be the favourites at kick-off.
Leeds beat Tottenham in the previous round but that high was swiftly cut short. Warnock has lost two of his last three matches and has won only once in the last seven away games in all competitions. The good news - the one win was in the FA Cup.
The club are now 12th in the Championship, eight points behind Middlesbrough in the final play-off position for promotion. With well over 10 games still remaining, a shot at cracking the top six is not completely out of reach for Warnock and Leeds.
- Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): L D D W W
- Last Match: Southampton 3 - 1 Manchester City
- Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): L D L W W
- Last Match: Middlesbrough 1 - 0 Leeds United
As in the last round, Mancini is likely to play reserve keeper Kostel Pantilimon in place of regular Joe Hart, who had a disappointing game against Southampton. In the wake of that defeat, Mancini threatened wholesale changes, so the big question is whether the Italian will jeopardise his one realistic chance of a trophy by introducing fringe players to the team. He will hope to welcome captain Vincent Kompany (calf) back to the starting line-up but the Italian has already admitted he will be cautious in the use of the Belgian centre-back. Midfielder Gareth Barry (knock) is a doubt after a few problems in the defeat against the Saints. The good news is both Carlos Tevez and Matija Nastasic are back in contention and will likely start this match. Ivory Coast internationals Yaya Toure and Kolo Toure are both available as well, having returned from the African Cup of Nations. Yaya played against Southampton but was clearly fatigued. Mancini will hope this brief rest period will allow him to discover his best form. England right-back Micah Richards (knee) is unavailable.
Probable Line-Up: Pantilimon; Maicon, Kompany, Nastasic, Kolarov; Silva, Rodwell, Yaya Toure, Milner; Dzeko, Tevez
Warnock has a full squad to choose from, with no reported injuries or suspensions. Leeds will probably make a few changes to their side, given recent results.
Probable Line-Up: Kenny; Green, Peltier, Lees, Warnock; Byram, Brown, Norris; Diouf, Morison, Varney
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin on Kobe Bryant’s Text: He’s 100 Percent Accurate
- Roger Federer Brings Danger To Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal at US Open
- Serena Williams Makes History; Among Most Dominant World's No.1 in History
- Rafael Nadal Blows Out Novak Djokovic as Top Contender For US Open Series – Tennis TV Poll
- Eugenie Bouchard To Conquer Next Era After Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams
- Apple's iPhone 6 vs. Xiaomi Mi 4: Specifications, Features and Prices
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- A Florida Widow Wins $23.6 Billion Lawsuit Against Tobacco Company
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide