Facebook's New Feature Lets Users Pay and Promote Friends' Posts
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 17, 2013 7:12 PM EST
Facebook on Friday has introduced a new feature wherein users have to pay to promote their friends posts.
The latest feature by the social networking company was in a move to make posts and status updates more popular than it is now. The feature came nearly four months after Facebook introduced a feature which allows users to promote their own photographs, status and updates.
"Now, in addition to promoting your own posts, you can promote a friend's post, such as a fundraising or celebration announcement," Facebook said in a blog post.
The latest feature is exclusively available for users who have less than 5,000 friends. The cost of promoting posts or updates depends on the geographical location and the number of people who receive the post.
Although, Facebook said that the new feature would address the privacy concerns of an individual, it has raised several eyebrows when it comes to respecting one's privacy is their posts are promoted without consent.
"It's important to know that this feature respects the privacy of the original poster - it will promote to everyone who originally saw it," said Facebook.
Facebook has been rolling out a number of features to streamline its revenue system. Earlier in January, Facebook added a new feature which allows users to contact the company's founder, Mark Zuckerberg, for $100 a message.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans