Teenager Shot Dead and Another Injured in Clapton, East London
By Vasudevan Sridharan | February 17, 2013 6:58 PM EST
A 19-year-old male has been shot dead in Clapton, East London, while another man was seriously injured.
The teenager and the 32-year-old were shot in Hindrey Road, Clapton, at around 20:20GMT on Saturday, said the Metropolitan Police.
The younger man died shortly after arriving at hospital on the same night; the injured man is said to be in "stable condition".
Authorities have not made any arrests so far and the exact motive for the shooting remains unknown. Police are looking for two suspects who allegedly fled the scene after the crime. One of the suspects is reported to be black while the other could be Asian or Turkish in appearance, said the police.
"At this very early stage we must retain an open mind regarding the circumstances of the incident and any motive. Detectives from Trident are leading the inquiry and an incident room will open in the morning," said the police spokesperson.
The authorities have also urged witnesses to come forward while the post-mortem of the teenager is likely to take place soon.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan