Teenager Shot Dead and Another Injured in Clapton, East London
By Vasudevan Sridharan | February 17, 2013 6:58 PM EST
A 19-year-old male has been shot dead in Clapton, East London, while another man was seriously injured.
The teenager and the 32-year-old were shot in Hindrey Road, Clapton, at around 20:20GMT on Saturday, said the Metropolitan Police.
The younger man died shortly after arriving at hospital on the same night; the injured man is said to be in "stable condition".
Authorities have not made any arrests so far and the exact motive for the shooting remains unknown. Police are looking for two suspects who allegedly fled the scene after the crime. One of the suspects is reported to be black while the other could be Asian or Turkish in appearance, said the police.
"At this very early stage we must retain an open mind regarding the circumstances of the incident and any motive. Detectives from Trident are leading the inquiry and an incident room will open in the morning," said the police spokesperson.
The authorities have also urged witnesses to come forward while the post-mortem of the teenager is likely to take place soon.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Where to Watch Delta Aquarids July 28-29 Peak Online, NASA Cameras Spotted Start of Perseid Meteor Shower
- UFO Sightings: Mysterious Bright Lights Spotted Flashing over Toronto, Witnesses Share UFO Sighting Experience on Social Media [VIDEO]
- Viral Wedding Photo: Amy Hicks Reveals True Story behind Viral Photo that Created Trending Hashtag on Twitter #westillcoming
- Six-Year-Old Canada girl Dies after Hit by Sedan in Crowded Store
- New Zealand-Born IDF Soldier Killed in Gaza Attack Amid Ceasefire Promises
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On