NBA 2013 Slam Dunk Contest: Where To Watch Live Online Stream, Prediction, Preview
February 17, 2013 9:39 AM EST
The NBA is honoring the legendary Michael Jordan for his 50th birthday during All-Star Weekend, and every participant of the 2013 Slam Dunk Contest may look to do the same Saturday night at the Toyota Center in Houston.
Jordan won the competition twice, and is one of three players to ever repeat back in 1987 and 1988, specifically paying homage to Julius Erving with his free throw line throw down.
Utah Jazz forward Jeremy Evans is looking to become the fourth to repeat, after winning last year’s competition with a “double” dunk thanks to two slamming home two balls at the same time.
Along with Evans, Clippers guard Eric Bledsoe and Denver forward Kenneth Faried make up the rest of the Western Conference participants. Faried took home the MVP in the Rising Stars Challenge Friday night with 40 points, and the 6-foot-1 Bledsoe is the shortest player in this year’s contest.
Making up the East squad is 30-year-old New York Knick James White, who will be the oldest competitor Saturday. White is joined by former 2007 dunk champion in Indiana’s Gerald Green, and Toronto Raptors rookie Terrence Ross.
Consisting of two rounds, a winner will be determined within each conference, with East then meeting West in the finals.
Fans will then decide the champion by voting via text message, Twitter, and online at NBA.com.
The actions stars at 8:30 p.m. and will be broadcast by TNT, or you can watch their live online stream at TNT Overtime here.
Prediction: Bledsoe has a huge advantage with his smaller stature, but White and Green may have the best hops out of everyone despite their advanced ages. Ross is probably the most powerful dunker in the bunch. It will be Bledsoe and Ross in the finals, with the Raptor representing Canada in the victory.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- NBA Preview: Milwaukee Bucks Look to Develop Youngsters Jabari Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine