NBA 2013 Slam Dunk Contest: Where To Watch Live Online Stream, Prediction, Preview
February 17, 2013 9:39 AM EST
The NBA is honoring the legendary Michael Jordan for his 50th birthday during All-Star Weekend, and every participant of the 2013 Slam Dunk Contest may look to do the same Saturday night at the Toyota Center in Houston.
Jordan won the competition twice, and is one of three players to ever repeat back in 1987 and 1988, specifically paying homage to Julius Erving with his free throw line throw down.
Utah Jazz forward Jeremy Evans is looking to become the fourth to repeat, after winning last year’s competition with a “double” dunk thanks to two slamming home two balls at the same time.
Along with Evans, Clippers guard Eric Bledsoe and Denver forward Kenneth Faried make up the rest of the Western Conference participants. Faried took home the MVP in the Rising Stars Challenge Friday night with 40 points, and the 6-foot-1 Bledsoe is the shortest player in this year’s contest.
Making up the East squad is 30-year-old New York Knick James White, who will be the oldest competitor Saturday. White is joined by former 2007 dunk champion in Indiana’s Gerald Green, and Toronto Raptors rookie Terrence Ross.
Consisting of two rounds, a winner will be determined within each conference, with East then meeting West in the finals.
Fans will then decide the champion by voting via text message, Twitter, and online at NBA.com.
The actions stars at 8:30 p.m. and will be broadcast by TNT, or you can watch their live online stream at TNT Overtime here.
Prediction: Bledsoe has a huge advantage with his smaller stature, but White and Green may have the best hops out of everyone despite their advanced ages. Ross is probably the most powerful dunker in the bunch. It will be Bledsoe and Ross in the finals, with the Raptor representing Canada in the victory.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation