NBA 2013 Skills Challenge: Where To Watch Live Online, Prediction, Preview
February 17, 2013 9:22 AM EST
Portland Trailblazers rookie Damian Lillard will be pitted against some of the best point guards, young and old, Saturday night in the 2013 NBA Skills Challenge at the Toyota Center in Houston.
Lillard, the frontrunner for Rookie of the Year honors, is one third of the stars representing the West. San Antonio Spur Tony Parker will look for his second straight Skills Challenge title, and Houston’s Jeremy Lin will have the huge support of the Rockets home crowd.
Parker could be the second player to capture two Skills titles and repeat. The first was Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade in 2006 and 2007.
Now in his fourth pro season, Atlanta Hawk Jeff Teague is the most senior member of the East side. Philadelphia’s Jrue Holiay, making his first career All-Star appearance in his second season, and Detroit’s Brandon Knight round out the team.
The challenge consists of two rounds through an obstacle course, testing each players dribbling, passing, and speed. Whoever posts the fastest time wins. A player from the Western Conference has won three years straight.
The actions stars at 8:30 p.m. and will be broadcast by TNT, or you can watch their live online stream at TNT Overtime here.
Prediction: Parker has more experience than most of the field combined and should be the favorite, with Holiday and Lillard being the dark horses. But Lin will also hope to impress the home crowd. Parker should just edge out Lin in the final round.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch