NBA 2013 Skills Challenge: Where To Watch Live Online, Prediction, Preview
February 17, 2013 9:22 AM EST
Portland Trailblazers rookie Damian Lillard will be pitted against some of the best point guards, young and old, Saturday night in the 2013 NBA Skills Challenge at the Toyota Center in Houston.
Lillard, the frontrunner for Rookie of the Year honors, is one third of the stars representing the West. San Antonio Spur Tony Parker will look for his second straight Skills Challenge title, and Houston’s Jeremy Lin will have the huge support of the Rockets home crowd.
Parker could be the second player to capture two Skills titles and repeat. The first was Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade in 2006 and 2007.
Now in his fourth pro season, Atlanta Hawk Jeff Teague is the most senior member of the East side. Philadelphia’s Jrue Holiay, making his first career All-Star appearance in his second season, and Detroit’s Brandon Knight round out the team.
The challenge consists of two rounds through an obstacle course, testing each players dribbling, passing, and speed. Whoever posts the fastest time wins. A player from the Western Conference has won three years straight.
The actions stars at 8:30 p.m. and will be broadcast by TNT, or you can watch their live online stream at TNT Overtime here.
Prediction: Parker has more experience than most of the field combined and should be the favorite, with Holiday and Lillard being the dark horses. But Lin will also hope to impress the home crowd. Parker should just edge out Lin in the final round.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports