NBA 2013 Skills Challenge: Where To Watch Live Online, Prediction, Preview
February 17, 2013 9:22 AM EST
Portland Trailblazers rookie Damian Lillard will be pitted against some of the best point guards, young and old, Saturday night in the 2013 NBA Skills Challenge at the Toyota Center in Houston.
Lillard, the frontrunner for Rookie of the Year honors, is one third of the stars representing the West. San Antonio Spur Tony Parker will look for his second straight Skills Challenge title, and Houston’s Jeremy Lin will have the huge support of the Rockets home crowd.
Parker could be the second player to capture two Skills titles and repeat. The first was Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade in 2006 and 2007.
Now in his fourth pro season, Atlanta Hawk Jeff Teague is the most senior member of the East side. Philadelphia’s Jrue Holiay, making his first career All-Star appearance in his second season, and Detroit’s Brandon Knight round out the team.
The challenge consists of two rounds through an obstacle course, testing each players dribbling, passing, and speed. Whoever posts the fastest time wins. A player from the Western Conference has won three years straight.
The actions stars at 8:30 p.m. and will be broadcast by TNT, or you can watch their live online stream at TNT Overtime here.
Prediction: Parker has more experience than most of the field combined and should be the favorite, with Holiday and Lillard being the dark horses. But Lin will also hope to impress the home crowd. Parker should just edge out Lin in the final round.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles