NBA 2013 Skills Challenge: Where To Watch Live Online, Prediction, Preview
February 17, 2013 9:22 AM EST
Portland Trailblazers rookie Damian Lillard will be pitted against some of the best point guards, young and old, Saturday night in the 2013 NBA Skills Challenge at the Toyota Center in Houston.
Lillard, the frontrunner for Rookie of the Year honors, is one third of the stars representing the West. San Antonio Spur Tony Parker will look for his second straight Skills Challenge title, and Houston’s Jeremy Lin will have the huge support of the Rockets home crowd.
Parker could be the second player to capture two Skills titles and repeat. The first was Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade in 2006 and 2007.
Now in his fourth pro season, Atlanta Hawk Jeff Teague is the most senior member of the East side. Philadelphia’s Jrue Holiay, making his first career All-Star appearance in his second season, and Detroit’s Brandon Knight round out the team.
The challenge consists of two rounds through an obstacle course, testing each players dribbling, passing, and speed. Whoever posts the fastest time wins. A player from the Western Conference has won three years straight.
The actions stars at 8:30 p.m. and will be broadcast by TNT, or you can watch their live online stream at TNT Overtime here.
Prediction: Parker has more experience than most of the field combined and should be the favorite, with Holiday and Lillard being the dark horses. But Lin will also hope to impress the home crowd. Parker should just edge out Lin in the final round.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Manchester United Transfer News: Wilfried Zaha Might Stay After Impressing Van Gaal Against Inter [VIDEO]
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools