NBA 2013 Shooting Stars: Where To Watch Live Online, Prediction, Preview
By IB Times Staff Reporter | February 17, 2013 9:24 AM EST
Kicking off the NBA’s All-Star Weekend Saturday is the Shooting Stars challenge at the Toyota Center in Houston.
The unique competition enlists one current NBA and WNBA player and a franchise legend for a non-stop shooting display.
The league has broken up each of Saturday’s events, pitting the East versus the West. The two teams from the West will be captained by Houston’s James Harden and Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook. Miami’s Chris Bosh and Brooklyn’s Brook Lopez will represent the East’s two squads.
Joining Harden is Tina Thompson of the Seattle Storm, and Sam Cassell, who won two championships with the Rockets in the mid-1990s.
Westbrook’s team is made up of Olympic gold medal winner Maya Moore of the Minnesota Lynx, and seven-time NBA champion Robert “Big Shot Bob” Horry.
Team Bosh also includes high-flying Hall of Famer Dominique Wilkins and Swin Cash of the Chicago Sky. The seven-foot Lopez heads a squad with shortest player in NBA history Muggsy Bogues, and 2012 WNBA Finals MVP Tamika Catchings of the Indiana Fever.
Each team will have to hit six shots from separate spots around the court in their numeric order in the fastest time possible to win.
The actions stars at 8:30 p.m. and will be broadcast by TNT, or you can watch their live online stream at TNT Overtime here.
Prediction: Horry’s nickname says it all. Look for Team Westbrook to win this year’s crown.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks