NBA 2013 Shooting Stars: Where To Watch Live Online, Prediction, Preview
By IB Times Staff Reporter | February 17, 2013 9:24 AM EST
Kicking off the NBA’s All-Star Weekend Saturday is the Shooting Stars challenge at the Toyota Center in Houston.
The unique competition enlists one current NBA and WNBA player and a franchise legend for a non-stop shooting display.
The league has broken up each of Saturday’s events, pitting the East versus the West. The two teams from the West will be captained by Houston’s James Harden and Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook. Miami’s Chris Bosh and Brooklyn’s Brook Lopez will represent the East’s two squads.
Joining Harden is Tina Thompson of the Seattle Storm, and Sam Cassell, who won two championships with the Rockets in the mid-1990s.
Westbrook’s team is made up of Olympic gold medal winner Maya Moore of the Minnesota Lynx, and seven-time NBA champion Robert “Big Shot Bob” Horry.
Team Bosh also includes high-flying Hall of Famer Dominique Wilkins and Swin Cash of the Chicago Sky. The seven-foot Lopez heads a squad with shortest player in NBA history Muggsy Bogues, and 2012 WNBA Finals MVP Tamika Catchings of the Indiana Fever.
Each team will have to hit six shots from separate spots around the court in their numeric order in the fastest time possible to win.
The actions stars at 8:30 p.m. and will be broadcast by TNT, or you can watch their live online stream at TNT Overtime here.
Prediction: Horry’s nickname says it all. Look for Team Westbrook to win this year’s crown.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2