NBA 2013 Three-Point Contest: Where To Watch Live Online, Prediction, Preview
February 17, 2013 9:30 AM EST
According to legend, Boston Celtics great Larry Bird walked into the locker room just before the NBA’s first ever three-point contest in 1986 and asked everyone: “Who’s coming in second?”
It’s unclear if any of the six participants in the 2013 field have that same kind of confidence, but all have proven abilities beyond the arc.
Each will have one minute to launch 25 three-pointers in two rounds to determine a winner in the 2013 NBA Three-point Contest Saturday night at the Toyota Center in Houston.
All but one of the contestants will make their debut in the contest, with New Orleans Hornet Ryan Anderson the only won returning from last year’s field. Minnesota’s Kevin Love is the reigning champion but is unable to defend his title after breaking his hand for the second time this season.
Along with Ryan, San Antonio’s Matt Bonner and Golden State Warrior Stephen Curry will represent the West. Anderson and Curry are have made the most threes at the half point this season, and Curry is second in the league three-point percentage, at a near 48 percent clip.
Bonner is fourth in the league in three-point percentage and led the NBA in the 2010-11 season by nailing almost 46 percent of his attempts
Two of the East’s participants Indiana’s Paul George and Cleveland’s Kyrie Irving weren’t even born when Bird made his statement. New York Knick Steve Novak is first on his team and tied with Curry in three percentage.
The actions stars at 8:30 p.m. and will be broadcast by TNT, or you can watch their live online stream at TNT Overtime here.
Prediction: Novak, Curry, and Bonner should be the early favorites. ThefFinals will come down to Curry and Novak. Many feel Curry was snubbed for Sunday’s All-Star game, and he will have a big enough chip on his shoulder to capture the crown.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Jeremy Lin Seeks Respect From Lakers Star Kobe Bryant
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales