NBA 2013 Three-Point Contest: Where To Watch Live Online, Prediction, Preview
February 17, 2013 9:30 AM EST
According to legend, Boston Celtics great Larry Bird walked into the locker room just before the NBA’s first ever three-point contest in 1986 and asked everyone: “Who’s coming in second?”
It’s unclear if any of the six participants in the 2013 field have that same kind of confidence, but all have proven abilities beyond the arc.
Each will have one minute to launch 25 three-pointers in two rounds to determine a winner in the 2013 NBA Three-point Contest Saturday night at the Toyota Center in Houston.
All but one of the contestants will make their debut in the contest, with New Orleans Hornet Ryan Anderson the only won returning from last year’s field. Minnesota’s Kevin Love is the reigning champion but is unable to defend his title after breaking his hand for the second time this season.
Along with Ryan, San Antonio’s Matt Bonner and Golden State Warrior Stephen Curry will represent the West. Anderson and Curry are have made the most threes at the half point this season, and Curry is second in the league three-point percentage, at a near 48 percent clip.
Bonner is fourth in the league in three-point percentage and led the NBA in the 2010-11 season by nailing almost 46 percent of his attempts
Two of the East’s participants Indiana’s Paul George and Cleveland’s Kyrie Irving weren’t even born when Bird made his statement. New York Knick Steve Novak is first on his team and tied with Curry in three percentage.
The actions stars at 8:30 p.m. and will be broadcast by TNT, or you can watch their live online stream at TNT Overtime here.
Prediction: Novak, Curry, and Bonner should be the early favorites. ThefFinals will come down to Curry and Novak. Many feel Curry was snubbed for Sunday’s All-Star game, and he will have a big enough chip on his shoulder to capture the crown.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage