NBA 2013 Three-Point Contest: Where To Watch Live Online, Prediction, Preview
February 17, 2013 9:30 AM EST
According to legend, Boston Celtics great Larry Bird walked into the locker room just before the NBA’s first ever three-point contest in 1986 and asked everyone: “Who’s coming in second?”
It’s unclear if any of the six participants in the 2013 field have that same kind of confidence, but all have proven abilities beyond the arc.
Each will have one minute to launch 25 three-pointers in two rounds to determine a winner in the 2013 NBA Three-point Contest Saturday night at the Toyota Center in Houston.
All but one of the contestants will make their debut in the contest, with New Orleans Hornet Ryan Anderson the only won returning from last year’s field. Minnesota’s Kevin Love is the reigning champion but is unable to defend his title after breaking his hand for the second time this season.
Along with Ryan, San Antonio’s Matt Bonner and Golden State Warrior Stephen Curry will represent the West. Anderson and Curry are have made the most threes at the half point this season, and Curry is second in the league three-point percentage, at a near 48 percent clip.
Bonner is fourth in the league in three-point percentage and led the NBA in the 2010-11 season by nailing almost 46 percent of his attempts
Two of the East’s participants Indiana’s Paul George and Cleveland’s Kyrie Irving weren’t even born when Bird made his statement. New York Knick Steve Novak is first on his team and tied with Curry in three percentage.
The actions stars at 8:30 p.m. and will be broadcast by TNT, or you can watch their live online stream at TNT Overtime here.
Prediction: Novak, Curry, and Bonner should be the early favorites. ThefFinals will come down to Curry and Novak. Many feel Curry was snubbed for Sunday’s All-Star game, and he will have a big enough chip on his shoulder to capture the crown.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions