NBA 2013 Three-Point Contest: Where To Watch Live Online, Prediction, Preview
February 17, 2013 9:30 AM EST
According to legend, Boston Celtics great Larry Bird walked into the locker room just before the NBA’s first ever three-point contest in 1986 and asked everyone: “Who’s coming in second?”
It’s unclear if any of the six participants in the 2013 field have that same kind of confidence, but all have proven abilities beyond the arc.
Each will have one minute to launch 25 three-pointers in two rounds to determine a winner in the 2013 NBA Three-point Contest Saturday night at the Toyota Center in Houston.
All but one of the contestants will make their debut in the contest, with New Orleans Hornet Ryan Anderson the only won returning from last year’s field. Minnesota’s Kevin Love is the reigning champion but is unable to defend his title after breaking his hand for the second time this season.
Along with Ryan, San Antonio’s Matt Bonner and Golden State Warrior Stephen Curry will represent the West. Anderson and Curry are have made the most threes at the half point this season, and Curry is second in the league three-point percentage, at a near 48 percent clip.
Bonner is fourth in the league in three-point percentage and led the NBA in the 2010-11 season by nailing almost 46 percent of his attempts
Two of the East’s participants Indiana’s Paul George and Cleveland’s Kyrie Irving weren’t even born when Bird made his statement. New York Knick Steve Novak is first on his team and tied with Curry in three percentage.
The actions stars at 8:30 p.m. and will be broadcast by TNT, or you can watch their live online stream at TNT Overtime here.
Prediction: Novak, Curry, and Bonner should be the early favorites. ThefFinals will come down to Curry and Novak. Many feel Curry was snubbed for Sunday’s All-Star game, and he will have a big enough chip on his shoulder to capture the crown.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Believes Wilshere's Performance Against City Not Enough For Man Utd Legend Paul Scholes
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date