NBA 2013 Three-Point Contest: Where To Watch Live Online, Prediction, Preview
February 17, 2013 9:30 AM EST
According to legend, Boston Celtics great Larry Bird walked into the locker room just before the NBA’s first ever three-point contest in 1986 and asked everyone: “Who’s coming in second?”
It’s unclear if any of the six participants in the 2013 field have that same kind of confidence, but all have proven abilities beyond the arc.
Each will have one minute to launch 25 three-pointers in two rounds to determine a winner in the 2013 NBA Three-point Contest Saturday night at the Toyota Center in Houston.
All but one of the contestants will make their debut in the contest, with New Orleans Hornet Ryan Anderson the only won returning from last year’s field. Minnesota’s Kevin Love is the reigning champion but is unable to defend his title after breaking his hand for the second time this season.
Along with Ryan, San Antonio’s Matt Bonner and Golden State Warrior Stephen Curry will represent the West. Anderson and Curry are have made the most threes at the half point this season, and Curry is second in the league three-point percentage, at a near 48 percent clip.
Bonner is fourth in the league in three-point percentage and led the NBA in the 2010-11 season by nailing almost 46 percent of his attempts
Two of the East’s participants Indiana’s Paul George and Cleveland’s Kyrie Irving weren’t even born when Bird made his statement. New York Knick Steve Novak is first on his team and tied with Curry in three percentage.
The actions stars at 8:30 p.m. and will be broadcast by TNT, or you can watch their live online stream at TNT Overtime here.
Prediction: Novak, Curry, and Bonner should be the early favorites. ThefFinals will come down to Curry and Novak. Many feel Curry was snubbed for Sunday’s All-Star game, and he will have a big enough chip on his shoulder to capture the crown.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Wants To Talk To Manny Pacquiao About Super Fight If Filipino Beats Chris Algieri
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money