Blue Ivy Revealed; Beyoncé Shows Daughter's Face For First Time In Leaked Image From New HBO Documentary [PHOTOS]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 17, 2013 4:27 AM EST
An image of Blue Ivy Carter has been leaked from Beyoncé's HBO documentary "Life is But a Dream" that premieres on Saturday at 9 p.m. on HBO.
The screen-capture image shows Beyoncé looking lovingly at the now-13-month-old Blue as Beyoncé holds her up for the camera.
This is the public's first up-close shot of Blue since the famous mom released photos of her as a newborn early last year. It is also the first up-close shot of Blue's face since last summer, when Blue was six-months-old.
Upon the photo's release, comparison shots of Blue next to an image of Beyoncé (when she was a baby) show that they both have similar-looking dark eyes.
Blue Carter's parents have been protective of her, tending to shield her from cameras with a blanket when out in public.
Jay-Z notably shared a photo of Blue while the family vacationed in the Bahamas in January. Beyonce also shared a photo of her playing with Blue on the beach during a photo shoot where the baby's back was turned to the camera.
According to gossip website Necole Bitchie, Beyoncé revealed in a recent interview with E! News that she is doing all she can to protect her daughter and ensure she grows up normally.
"I think for [Gwyneth Paltrow and I], protecting our daughters is so important and … keeping things on our own terms, so I will still be protective and make sure [Blue Ivy] has a childhood and a great time," Beyoncé reportedly told E! News.
"At some point, you know it is what it is, you can’t control it anymore. But I know as long as I’m the mother that I know I can be and the mother I have -- such an incredible mother -- my daughter’s going to be fine."
Currently, little is known about Blue Ivy, but it is likely that fans will get even more intimate looks at the baby in "Life is But a Dream," which follows Beyoncé during her pregnancy, among many other aspects of the star's life.
In an interview for the upcoming March issue of Vogue, Beyoncé described her relationship with Blue by saying, “She’s my road dog. She’s my homey, my best friend.”
She also told Vogue that it is "very important" to her that Blue experiences regular childhood things, like school visits and lemonade stands.
Ed Burke, who co-directed "Life is But a Dream" with Beyoncé, spoke about Blue Ivy on the red carpet at the documentary's debut in New York City on Thursday, describing the one-year-old as an old soul.
“I’ve played with Blue Ivy. When she’s around, I end up shooting her more than Beyoncé. She’s just a really funny, beautiful little child," Burke said.
In her interview for "Oprah's Next Chapter" that also airs on Saturday, Beyoncé revealed that the documentary is titled "Life is But a Dream" because "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" is Blue Ivy's favorite song.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report