Top Five Mid-Range Smartphones Priced Below ₹15,000
By Rohit KVN | February 17, 2013 1:35 AM EST
The smartphone makers are very well aware that the price-sensitive middle-class people make a big chunk of the Indian population; they demand smartphones with standard features and still expect the price to be easy on their pockets.
Indian smartphone market witnesses a slew of new releases throughout the year, and it is difficult for people to pick a good product among them.
Top 5 Mid-range Smartphones Available in India Market:
Micromax A116 Canvas HD:
Indian rising star, Micromax recently released its flagship smartphone A116 Canvas HD, registering a record sales on the opening day by selling out the first batch of smartphones within 15 minutes of its release at its online retail shop.
Micromax smartphone A116 Canvas HD is priced at just ₹13,990 but has promising specs that could give stiff competition to MNC smartphone makers. It features a 5-inch HD display with 294 ppi (pixel per inch) resolution density, and runs on the latest Android Jelly Bean OS powered by quad-core processor.
Sony Xperia Miro:
Xperia Miro is one of the success stories of Sony's flagship Xperia series. It sports a 3.5-inch HVGA TFT capacitive screen with a 320x480p resolutions. Xperia Miro runs on Android Ice Cream Sandwich powered by Qualcomm Scorpion processor with 800 MHz CPU speed.
Sony's flagship smartphone ships with 512MB RAM and 4GB memory, capable of expanding memory up to 32GB with the help microSD. It is priced at ₹12,990.
Samsung Galaxy S duos:
Even though Galaxy S duos was released quite some time ago, it still has enough useful specs to put other new smartphones to shame. It sports a 4-inch TFT display and runs on the Android v4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich powered by a 1GHz Cortes-A5 processor with Adreno 200 GPU.
The Dual-SIM smartphone sports a 5.0-megapixel main camera and 0.3-megapixel VGA camera on the front side. It is priced at ₹13,100.
Nokia Lumia 710:
Lumia 710 is one of the most successful smartphone series of Nokia. Its record sales helped the Finnish handset maker to make profits for the first time in a longtime.
The Lumia 710 comes with the Windows Phone 7.5 (Mango) OS powered by the Qualcomm Scorpion processor with 1.4GHz clock rate. The smartphone sports a 3.7-inch TFT screen with a ClearBlack Display technology. It is priced at ₹12,999.
The only drawback of this smartphone is that its memory has maximum of 8GB storage and cannot be expanded further.
HTC Desire C:
HTC Desire C has a very compact shape with curved edges at the end; it sits pretty comfortably on hands. The Desire C smartphone sports 3.5-inch HVGA capacitive touch screen with 480x320p resolutions.
It ships with a 5.0-megapixel main camera on the rear side and runs on Android Ice Cream Sandwich OS powered by a processor with 600 MHz clock rate. It is priced at ₹12,999.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight