Murder 3 Critics Reviews
By IB Times Staff Reporter | February 17, 2013 1:06 AM EST
Vishesh Bhatt's directorial movie, "Murder 3" is the third installment of the Murder series. The first two movies in the series - "Murder" and "Murder 2" - featured Emraan Hashmi in the lead role, but the third movie stars Randeep Hooda in the main character along with Sara Loren and Aditi Rao Hydari.
The thriller film is the remake Colombian thriller "The Hidden Face".
Here is what critics have to say about the movie
Rajeev Masand of CNN-IBN said: "Sex, crime, and supernatural thrills have been staple ingredients of the films produced by the Bhatts, otherwise known as Bollywood's favorite B-movie merchants. In his directorial debut Murder 3, Vishesh Bhatt, son of longtime producer Mukesh Bhatt, relies on all three of those staples, but blends them with some bizarre ideas to create an unusual cocktail that doesn't quite deliver the desired kick.
"First-timer Vishesh Bhatt's filmmaking skills are visibly raw, but he does herald one important new change at his family banner. Murder 3 is a more or less faithful copy of the Colombian thriller The Hidden Face, whose remake rights the Bhatts legally acquired.
"I'm going with two out of five for Murder 3. Even a preposterous plot needs skillful direction to pull off convincingly."
Anupama Chopra of Hindustan Times said: "Murder 3 is about the staggering sex appeal of Vikram, played by Randeep Hooda, a hotshot photographer who goes, without any struggle from shooting wildlife in South Africa to fashion models in Mumbai. There isn't a woman in this film who can resist his charms.
" Murder 3 picks up steam in the second half. Debutant director Vishesh Bhatt creates a palpable sense of claustrophobia and panic but the story is so silly that you can't take it seriously. Aditi struggles to bring conviction to her character's strange situation. Loren's main task is to maintain her blowfish lips and show ample skin, which she manages admirably. With a little more imagination, Murder 3 could have been deliciously dark. I'm pinning my hopes on Murder 4."
Ananya Bhattacharya of Zee News said: "Re-making a film of some other language in Hindi - and declaring the same before the film is released is actually a very clever move that director Vishesh Bhatt had made. So in case one has watched the Spanish thriller 'La cara Oculta' ('The Hidden Face') - one might actually not want to go through the Hindi version of it. 'Murder 3', you guessed it correct, isn't worth that much the effort.
"Debutant director Vishesh Bhatt has done a moderate job of directing this thriller - but it is an exact copy (okay, re-make!) of its Spanish counterpart. 'Murder 3', also, ends on a note which is a bit abrupt. The film has its share of thrills and chills in parts, but doesn't really leave a dent on one's mind eventually.
"In a nutshell, 'Murder 3' is a onetime watch, only if you are a huge fan of Aditi Rao Hydari. This film too, will probably fade into oblivion leaving only its music on people's lips for a long time to come. Two out of five from me for 'murdering love this Valentine'."
Taran Adarsh of Bollywood Hungama said: "Vishesh, the scion of Vishesh Films, seems to have imbibed this thought. For, as the reels of MURDER 3 unfold, you realize, MURDER 3 may have sourced from the Spanish movie, but Vishesh has Indianized it so damn well. It is *not* a cut and paste job!
"MURDER 3 is a thriller that offers thrills and chills aplenty. The beauty of the film lies in the fact that it's so damn unpredictable, so unforeseeable in its second hour. It's nothing like you've seen in a Hindi movie thus far. Also, it's a plot-driven movie, with Vishesh not borrowing anything from the previous two MURDERs. It goes without saying that MURDER 3 stands tall for its substance and most significantly, for the sparkling implementation of the written material [Mahesh Bhatt].
"On the whole, MURDER 3 is one of the finest thrillers to come out of Vishesh Films. An outstanding story narrated with ferocious enthusiasm. Vishesh Bhatt hits a boundary in his very first attempt!"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage