Murder 3 Critics Reviews
By IB Times Staff Reporter | February 17, 2013 1:06 AM EST
Vishesh Bhatt's directorial movie, "Murder 3" is the third installment of the Murder series. The first two movies in the series - "Murder" and "Murder 2" - featured Emraan Hashmi in the lead role, but the third movie stars Randeep Hooda in the main character along with Sara Loren and Aditi Rao Hydari.
The thriller film is the remake Colombian thriller "The Hidden Face".
Here is what critics have to say about the movie
Rajeev Masand of CNN-IBN said: "Sex, crime, and supernatural thrills have been staple ingredients of the films produced by the Bhatts, otherwise known as Bollywood's favorite B-movie merchants. In his directorial debut Murder 3, Vishesh Bhatt, son of longtime producer Mukesh Bhatt, relies on all three of those staples, but blends them with some bizarre ideas to create an unusual cocktail that doesn't quite deliver the desired kick.
"First-timer Vishesh Bhatt's filmmaking skills are visibly raw, but he does herald one important new change at his family banner. Murder 3 is a more or less faithful copy of the Colombian thriller The Hidden Face, whose remake rights the Bhatts legally acquired.
"I'm going with two out of five for Murder 3. Even a preposterous plot needs skillful direction to pull off convincingly."
Anupama Chopra of Hindustan Times said: "Murder 3 is about the staggering sex appeal of Vikram, played by Randeep Hooda, a hotshot photographer who goes, without any struggle from shooting wildlife in South Africa to fashion models in Mumbai. There isn't a woman in this film who can resist his charms.
" Murder 3 picks up steam in the second half. Debutant director Vishesh Bhatt creates a palpable sense of claustrophobia and panic but the story is so silly that you can't take it seriously. Aditi struggles to bring conviction to her character's strange situation. Loren's main task is to maintain her blowfish lips and show ample skin, which she manages admirably. With a little more imagination, Murder 3 could have been deliciously dark. I'm pinning my hopes on Murder 4."
Ananya Bhattacharya of Zee News said: "Re-making a film of some other language in Hindi - and declaring the same before the film is released is actually a very clever move that director Vishesh Bhatt had made. So in case one has watched the Spanish thriller 'La cara Oculta' ('The Hidden Face') - one might actually not want to go through the Hindi version of it. 'Murder 3', you guessed it correct, isn't worth that much the effort.
"Debutant director Vishesh Bhatt has done a moderate job of directing this thriller - but it is an exact copy (okay, re-make!) of its Spanish counterpart. 'Murder 3', also, ends on a note which is a bit abrupt. The film has its share of thrills and chills in parts, but doesn't really leave a dent on one's mind eventually.
"In a nutshell, 'Murder 3' is a onetime watch, only if you are a huge fan of Aditi Rao Hydari. This film too, will probably fade into oblivion leaving only its music on people's lips for a long time to come. Two out of five from me for 'murdering love this Valentine'."
Taran Adarsh of Bollywood Hungama said: "Vishesh, the scion of Vishesh Films, seems to have imbibed this thought. For, as the reels of MURDER 3 unfold, you realize, MURDER 3 may have sourced from the Spanish movie, but Vishesh has Indianized it so damn well. It is *not* a cut and paste job!
"MURDER 3 is a thriller that offers thrills and chills aplenty. The beauty of the film lies in the fact that it's so damn unpredictable, so unforeseeable in its second hour. It's nothing like you've seen in a Hindi movie thus far. Also, it's a plot-driven movie, with Vishesh not borrowing anything from the previous two MURDERs. It goes without saying that MURDER 3 stands tall for its substance and most significantly, for the sparkling implementation of the written material [Mahesh Bhatt].
"On the whole, MURDER 3 is one of the finest thrillers to come out of Vishesh Films. An outstanding story narrated with ferocious enthusiasm. Vishesh Bhatt hits a boundary in his very first attempt!"
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine