Your Editor On Twitter
February 15, 2013 11:54 AM EST
By Rudi Filapek-Vandyck, Editor FNArena
I joined Twitter. Not because I am curious what this celebrity has to say about her kids, or to read that another one is waiting for a connecting flight, impatiently. Twitter allows me to follow news and commentary sources such as Dow Jones' Marketwatch, Bloomberg News and the Wall Street Journal. It assists me in keeping up with what is happening across the globe, while I am observing and analysing financial markets myself.
While I am on Twitter, reading a quote here and a news flash there, I offer my own succinct insights and commentary. Those amongst you who have already discovered the virtues of a Twitter account can add my Tweets to their daily news via @filapek.
For those who have no intention to join Twitter, but would like to stay up to date, below are my Tweets from the week past:
- BA-ML strategists predict the best outcome for #equities and other risk assets is to grind higher in coming months
- Citi spells it out: US energy transformation starting to impact on global energy dynamics. Brent on its way to US$70-90/bbl by end of decade
- BA-ML strategists say equity markets have run too quickly, too far, but maintain #equities will be best performing asset in 2013. Buy dips!
- BTIG strategist Dan Greenhaus says hedge funds are underperforming and looking to use equity pull backs to play catch up. Non-stop support?
- Market trend observed: economists are delaying expectations for next RBA rate cut. NAB just put next rate cut off until May (75bp total 13)
- JP Morgan strategists take some risk exposure off the table in Oz equities. Retain mild Overweight Resources, but with more cautious bias
- Reports BA-ML: "Investor sentiment toward risk assets is at a more bullish level today than 99% of all readings since 2002"; Contrarian Sell
- Deutsche Bank commodities analysts: "By May at the latest the base metals complex will likely have reached its peak" - but first going up!
- #Gold: the Russians like it and continue buying http://tinyurl.com/dyxdokk
You can add my regular Tweets on Twitter via @filapek
Find out why FNArena subscribers like the service so much: "Your Feedback (Thank You)" - Warning this story contains unashamedly positive feedback on the service provided.
FN Arena is building the future of financial news reporting at www.fnarena.com . Our daily news reports can be trialed at no cost and with no obligations. Simply sign up and get a feel for what we are trying to achieve.
Subscribers and trialists should read our terms and conditions, available on the website.
All material published by FN Arena is the copyright of the publisher, unless otherwise stated. Reproduction in whole or in part is not permitted without written permission of the publisher.