New Zealand v England, 1st ODI: Where to Watch Live, Preview, Team News
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 16, 2013 11:31 PM EST
England take on New Zealand at Seddon Park in Hamilton, in the first of a three-match One Day International (ODI) series. The English continue their tour of New Zealand after winning the T20 series by two games to one, earlier this week.
Where to Watch Live
The match starts at 6am GMT, with Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 1 HD providing live coverage in the UK.
Brendon McCullum and his men play their first limited overs international since shocking the might South Africans in their backyard. And Kiwi fans will be hoping their cricketers can reproduce that from against the English. A series win in the ultra-short T20 format is a healthy boost but the hosts will have to be clever enough to properly adjust their batting strategies for the 50-over format of the game.
Considerable attention will be on Ross Taylor, who failed in all three T20s against England - 13, 4 and 6. The limited overs series will be crucial in re-establishing his position in the side. He does still have support, with former assistant coach Trent Woodhill revealing the former captain never had the backing of senior players during the tour of the West Indies.
Meanwhile, the visitors continue their hunt for a ODI series win on Kiwi soil. The last time they did was back in 1992. And, unlike New Zealand, England come into this game on the back of another ODI series defeat - to India. However, captain Alastair Cook, who was in fine form with the bat during the tour of India, will be hopeful the form that won his side the T20 series will extend to the ODI format.
Seamer James Anderson and batsman Jonathan Trott return to the squad for the first time since the India tour in December and they will be welcome additions. Spinner Graeme Swann will also be available and he could be a crucial player.
Last Five Head-To-Head
- 2009, Johannesburg: New Zealand won by 4 wickets
- 2008, Lord's: New Zealand won by 51 runs
- 2008, The Oval: New Zealand won by 1 wicket
- 2008, Bristol: New Zealand won by 22 runs
- 2008, Chester-le-Street: England won by 114 runs
New Zealand: The Black Caps are likely to include BJ Watling and Kane Williamson in their batting line-up while Kyle Mills' experience could be crucial against the English. The trio have been playing in New Zealand's domestic cricket, since returning from South Africa.
Probable Line-Up: Martin Guptill, BJ Watling, Kane Williamson, Ross Taylor, Brendon McCullum (capt & wk), Grant Elliott, James Franklin, Nathan McCullum, Kyle Mills, Trent Boult, Mitchell McClenaghan
England: The visitors will miss the big-hitting of Kevin Pietersen. Trott is likely to replace him for theis three-match series. Graeme Swann will lead the visitors' spin attack while Anderson, along with Stuart Broad, will lead the visitors pace attack.
Probable Line-Up: Alastair Cook (capt), Ian Bell, Jonathan Trott, Joe Root, Eoin Morgan, Jos Buttler (wk), Chris Woakes, Stuart Broad, Graeme Swann, James Anderson, Steven Finn
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying