There is great news for Samsung users owning Galaxy S2 for the international versions is finally receiving an update of Jellybean. The almost-forgotten flagship has received the source code and can be downloaded using Over-the-Air update.
Sammobile Samsung has released Android 4.1.2 XXLSR Jelly Bean for Galaxy S2 I9100G.
The Galaxy S2 will finally enjoy the Jellybean update waited for so long. The update will include the favorite TouchWiz skin. The source code can also be used by developers to do fun and amazing design of new ROMs for the device. The source code is available via the Samsung Open Source Release Center for developers and for users. The ROM which will make the device default is going to be released soon.
The new kernels are GT-I9100 JB Opensource.zip for GT-I9100 and GT-I9100M BMC JB Opensource.zip for GT-I9100M, which both can be found from Samsung Open Source Release Center. For modders, it is time to make new ROMs to play with. For users, just be a little more patient.
Back in January 2013, a Jellybean 4.1.2 update for Galaxy S2 has been released with enhancements including:
- Project Butter for smooth performance and stability
- Same user interface that can be found from Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2 with the update's full revamp
- TouchWiz Nature UX
- S Cloud services from Samsung
- Improvements for camera features
- Another lockscreen has been added with many customization options
- Direct Call, Smart Stay, and Pop-up Play has been added as well
- More new widgets from Galaxy S3 is also included
- Two new homescreen modes
- New notifications bar with more Notification Toggles to play with
- Google Now is also now a part of Galaxy S2 with this update
The Over-the-Air update is seen inside the Settings > About Phone and requires a stable Internet connection such as Wi-Fi for download. Make sure that you have backed up contacts, SMS, multimedia and data files to perform restoration just in case something goes wrong. Another way to determine an update is always plug your devices to the computer with Samsung Kies open.