If the matter were entirely up to boxing eight-division world titlist Manny Pacquiao, he wants eight kids as well for each world division he reigns supreme. The Filipino boxing champion has four children with his wife Jinkee, although it is rumoured that he has some love children with other women.
Jinkee, who is running for vice governor of Sarangani Province, told presidential sister and TV host Kris Aquino of her husband's wish. But she did not indicate if she agrees with her husband's desire.
The couple's children are Emmanuel "Jimwell" Pacquiao Jr, Michael, Princess, and Queen Elizabeth. The two boys are included in a commercial for a fast food chain the Pacquiao made in 2006.
Since the couple is in their early 30s, they could still bear children. Pacquiao, who is also a congressman representing the province of Sarangani, is a pro-life advocate. He is used to a large family, having five siblings. His taking the Catholic Church stand against contraceptives during the Congressional debate on the Reproductive Health bill has was controversial since Jinkee, in previous interviews, admitted taking birth control pills, but Manny clarified that she has stopped taking contraceptives.
His past extramarital affairs included with a waitress who claimed she has a child by Manny born out of wedlock, and alleged liaisons with Filipina starlets Ara Mina and Krista Ranillo.
Although Jinkee did not disclose the names of the women that Manny was involved with, she stressed that her husband's indiscretions are a thing of the past after he became a born-again Christian, although the couple has not officially left the Catholic Church but are counseled by Christian pastors.
She admitted being stressed by his past love affairs, especially the last one, but said in Filipino, "Let her live now a peaceful life. Good for her. She is part of the past, and past is past," Jinkee told Kris.
Jinkee recalled that in the past, Manny could easily get women he fancies using his bodyguards to initially know the number of other women. However, she said even the people around Manny are slowly starting to change also for the better since they notice that their boss is a changed man now.
The couple also toured the crew of ABS-CBN to their mansion in General Santos City, the hometown of Manny.
The tour took a peek at the garage, which showed several new vehicles, including a Hummer. The new Pacquiao mansion has five bedrooms, which means the couple would need to add more rooms if they would have more children.
The eight divisions that Pacquiao holds 10 titles, which he wants to be matched with the same number of children with Jinkee, are:
1. WBC Flyweight (112 pounds) - won in Dec 4, 1998
(also Lineal Flyweight)
2. IBF Super Bantamweight (122 pounds) - won in June 23, 2001
3. The Ring Featherweight (126 pounds) - won in Nov 15, 2003
4. WBC Super Featherweight (130 pounds) - won in March 15, 2008
(also The Ring Junior Lightweight)
5. WBC Lightweight (135 pounds) - won in June 28, 2008
6. The Ring Junior Welterweight (140 pounds) - won in May 2, 2009
(also IBO Junior Welterweight)
7. WBO Welterweight (147 pounds) - won in Nov 14, 2009
8. WBC Super Welterweight (154 pounds) - won in Nov 13, 2010.
The eight crowns, titles, medals, belts and other distinctions make Manny an octuple champion.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Robert Pattinson-Kristen Stewart: Twilight Lovers To Bring Back Love at 2013 Cannes Festival [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie Double Mastectomy: Other Celebrities Who Also Went Through the Surgical Procedure [PHOTOS]
- IN PHOTOS! A Picture of Sadness in Kristen Stewart as Robert Pattinson Celebrates 27th Birthday ALONE? [SLIDESHOW]
- Jaden Smith Clarifies Emancipation Reports with Dad Will Smith on TV Show ‘Ellen’ [PHOTOS AND VIDEO]