How to Root Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105 on Android 4.1.2 XXDMB3 Jelly Bean [Tutorial]
By Sarmistha Acharya | February 16, 2013 7:42 PM EST
Android 4.1.2 XXDBM3 Jelly Bean official firmware is available for the LTE version of Galaxy Note 2 with model number N7105. The update was originally rolled out for users from Singapore but is compatible with some European countries, including the UK. The XXDMB3 Jelly Bean software brings bug fixes and a maintenance update.
Galaxy Note 2 users who have already updated their devices with the latest Android 4.1.2 XXDMB3 Jelly Bean may follow our step-by-step guide below to root the same. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device. Users are advised to verify the model number of their device since the root package works only on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105 and not on any other variant.
1) Install USB Drivers for Galaxy Note 2 on a computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
3) Back up all phone data.
4) Ensure the battery of the Note 2 has more than 80 per cent charge.
5) Rooting the phone will void manufacturer's warranty. The process is also likely to increase binary counters.
6) The tutorial below only roots the device. To install custom ROM, users need to install custom recovery separately.
Steps to root Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105 on Android 4.1.2 XXDMB3 Jelly Bean
1) Download CF-Auto-Root file for Galaxy Note 2 LTE to the computer. Extract the zip to get a .tar.md5 file
2) Download Odin 3.07 and extract the zip to get Odin3 v3.07.exe along with a few other files
3) Switch off the phone and then enter Download Mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together. A warning message will appear after which press the Volume Up button to enter Download Mode
4) Run Odin on the computer
5) Connect the Note to the computer using USB cable. A message saying 'Added' will appear under Odin's message box. If the device is successfully connected, the COM port with a number in Yellow will also appear
[Note: If the Added message does not come then try another USB port; try the port located at the back side of the computer. If that does not work, then reinstall UB Driver.]
6) In Odin, click the PDA button and select CF-Auto-Root-tolte-toltexx-gtn7105.tar.md5
7) Verify that the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected in Odin
8) Double check everything and click the Start button in Odin to begin flashing
9) Once the installation process is completed, the phone will reboot automatically and soon a PASS message with green background will appear in the extreme left box at the top of the Odin. Users may now safely unplug the USB cable form the phone
The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105 running on Android 4.1.2 XXDMB3 Jelly Bean official firmware is now successfully rooted.
[Source: Android Jinn]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail: