Every New Car Will Be Connected To Internet By 2014
By Vijaykumar Meti | February 16, 2013 7:40 PM EST
Every new car from big brands could be connected to the internet by next year, according to experts.
Billions of dollars are invested in creating the vehicles of the future, which would make the way for Internet based applications that finds parking space or show directions on windscreen.
Experts also say that, connected cars will allow drivers to access the Internet using voice command without needing to touch a button making driving safer.
It uses similar technology to smartphone and experts believe that cars could have internet screens displayed on dashboards by next year.
"By the end of 2014, for some of the bigger brands, every vehicle they sell will offer some sort of connectivity," Jack Bergquist of information company IHS, told BBC. Over half of consumers would be attracted to a car that had Internet connection, he said.
Some big car brands like Audi, BMW and Mercedes are spending as much as their one third budgets to offer internet connection in their cars, Bergquist told MailOnline.
He referred Facebook as an example of how internet connected cars could be used. The Driver could update Facebook status or Tweet speaking them out loud and they could also 'like' or comment by simply using the voice command.
Self-driving and self-parking technology has already being used by many car brands. Last year Google had come up with self-driving car while last month Audi announced its self-driving car could reach on road within a decade.
However, some people are concerned that distracted driving will cause higher safety risks. According to Nation Safety Council, about 25 percent of all accidents in the United States are caused by using mobile phone while driving.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy