Micromax A116 Canvas HD Beats Expectations; Sells 9000 Units in 24 Hours
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 16, 2013 5:08 PM EST
Micromax's first quad-core smartphone, A116 Canvas HD which made its debut on Valentine's Day, has sold 9000 units of phones in less than 24 hours, said the company.
The A116 Canvas HD, which was available through the company website and Snapdeal.com, reportedly started on a high note and the sales figures were above the expectations of the company and the retailers. According to the company, the first lot of the smartphone has been sold out within 15 minutes of its launch and the second batch of 300 units was also sold in the morning at 9AM within 15 minutes. It also cited that the booking for the smartphone has been going at a high pace, accounting the current booking rate 25 units per minute.
"The response from our consumers has been phenomenal and the demand has been increasing every passing minute. After the unprecedented success of the Canvas 2, we are overwhelmed with the customer response for Canvas HD. This is the first time our online sales partners have ever witnessed a digital queue in cyberspace to such an extent for any product, to the traditional cue one normally sees. The data also shows that 60% of the orders received online have come from the metros," said Shubhodip Pal, CMO Micromax told NDTV Gadget.
The handset, which is available at ₹13,990, features a screen of 5-inch HD IPS with a resolution of 1280x720 and 16.7 million color depths. It is powered by MediaTek's MT6589 1.2 GHz quad-core processor and runs on Android Jelly Bean 4.1 operating system. Other features and specifications include a 2000mAh battery, 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, 1GB RAM and 4GB internal storage which is expandable up to 32GB via micro SD support. Its connectivity features include 3G, WIFI, Bluetooth and GPS/A-GPS.
"This product exceeded our expectations by a huge margin. We took this live at midnight and we were completely surprised to see all 500 units which we expected to sell in the entire day sold out within 15 minutes of launch. Our call volume shot through the roof with enquiries and we have replenished inventory levels to cater to more sales. This kind of pace of sales beats our previous records," Tony Navin, vice president, Business Development, Snapdeal said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28