Herman Cain Accepts Contributor Job At Fox News
By Eric Brown | February 16, 2013 2:08 PM EST
Herman Cain, a candidate for the Republican Party's nomination in the 2012 U.S. presidential election, has been hired as a contributor to both the Fox News Channel and the Fox Business Network.
Cain is the newest of Fox News’ recent high-profile hires, who include former U.S. Sen. Scott Brown, R-Mass.
“I’m excited about joining the Fox family as a contributor because it is an opportunity to be one more voice for intelligent thinking in American,” Cain said in a statement issued by Fox.
And while the former presidential candidate appears excited to join the Fox cable operation, it seems equally happy to have him aboard.
"Cain’s impressive resume makes him a valuable addition to the Fox News and Fox Business lineup. As a political expert with business savvy, he brings an important voice to the nation’s debates," Bill Shine, Fox News executive vice president of programming, said in the statement issued by the company.
Cain first rose to national prominence in 2011 when he officially entered the race for the Republican presidential nomination. Proponents of his candidacy pointed to Cain's business experience as CEO of Godfather’s Pizza from 1986 to 1996, but ultimately he was knocked out of the race, which was later won by Mitt Romney.
Fox News has long relied on employing well-known conservative figures as contributors to its operation, but the news network seems to be tweaking that approach, given its recent hiring of a liberal standard-bearer, former U.S. Rep. Dennis Kucinich, D-Ohio, for its stable of political contributors.
In other interesting moves, Fox News chose not to renew the contracts of Sarah Palin and Dick Morris. The latter was subject to especially strong criticism by those both inside and outside the network for his disastrously wrong predictions of the 2012 presidential election.
However, the cable news network’s recent addition of Cain to its lineup of contributors may reaffirm its reputation as a Republican stronghold.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Teachers’ Strike in BC, Canada Stalls 1st Day of School; Labour Dispute Could Last Even After Labour Day
- Australia Races Against Potential Genocide In Iraq
- Ukraine Crisis: Putin Dangles Nuclear War Threat, US Senators Advise Sending Defensive Weapons
- ISIS Will Target the U.S. Power Grid, Former CIA Says; Could Tap Other Fellow Extremist Groups to Do the Job
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying