SEC files suit against unknown traders over Heinz options
February 16, 2013 8:35 AM EST
U.S. securities regulators on Friday filed suit against unknown traders in the options of ketchup maker H.J. Heinz Co
The suit, filed in federal court in Manhattan, cites "highly suspicious trading" in Heinz call options just prior to the February 14 announcement of the deal. It claims the traders are either in, or trading through accounts in, Zurich, Switzerland.
(Reporting by Jonathan Stempel; Writing by Ben Berkowitz; Editing by Leslie Adler)
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid