Etisalat in talks over $8 billion loan for Maroc Telecom bid
By Michelle Meineke and Tessa Walsh | February 16, 2013 5:35 AM EST
Abu Dhabi telecom Etisalat
An $8 billion acquisition loan would be the largest Gulf merger and acquisition loan in six years. Etisalat has asked banks to bid for the roles of M&A and financing advisor, one banker said.
Vivendi is under pressure from shareholders to bolster its flagging share price and from rating agencies to reduce its debt, which stands at 15.7 billion euros.
Etisalat was not immediately available for comment.
(Reporting by Michelle Meineke and Tessa Walsh. Editing by Jane Merriman)
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid