Honda Accord Sedan Named Canada’s Car Of The Year
By Vijaykumar Meti | February 15, 2013 8:23 PM EST
In an early morning press conference at the opening of Canadian International Auto Show (CIAS) in Toronto, the Honda Accord Sedan has been named as 2013 Canadian Car of The Year by the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada (AJAC).
"We are extremely proud to see the Accord recognized by so many of Canada's top journalists as Canadian Car of the Year and we thank AJAC for this great honor," said Takashi Sekiguchi, President and CEO, Honda Canada. "The Accord is one of our most important vehicles, so we're thrilled to receive the great feedback that we're continuing to raise the bar in the family car category."
The Honda Accord Sedan holds top position followed by Porsche Boxster and the Hyundai Elantra, while the Hyundai Santa Fe 2.0 T has been named as the Canadian Utility Vehicle of The Year 2013.
"The Accord had grown old and some new competitors had come along that were much more modern," said Richard Russell, award program chairman. "[But] this new Accord had a lot of 'new' about it, and I think there's a tendency for people to like family cars that become fun. And that's what this one has done."
The Porsche 911 Carrera S was named as the 2013 Best New Design car followed by Cadillac ATS and Porsche Boxster. Furthermore, General Motors Front Center Airbag grabs the award of 2013 Best New Technology.
Back in October, more than 80 top Canadian automotive journalists had spent four days in Niagara-on-the-Lake conducting back-to-back comparative testing of 180 "all new" or "significantly new" 2013 vehicles.
Best New City Car: Ford Focus EV
Best New Small Car (under $21,000): Mazda3 SkyActiv Sedan
Best New Small Car (over $21,000): Hyundai Elantra GT
Best New Family Car (under $30,000): Honda Accord Sedan
Best New Family Car (over $30,000): Ford Fusion Hybrid
Best New Luxury Car: Cadillac ATS
Best New Prestige And Performance Car (over $75,000): Porsche 911 Carrera S
Best New Sports/performance Car (under $50,000): Ford Focus ST
Best New Sports/performance Car (over $50,000): Porsche Boxster
Best New SUV/CUV (under $35,000): Ford Escape 1.6L EcoBoost
Best New SUV/CUV ($35,000-$60,000): Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0.T
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report