Honda Accord Sedan Named Canada’s Car Of The Year
By Vijaykumar Meti | February 15, 2013 8:23 PM EST
In an early morning press conference at the opening of Canadian International Auto Show (CIAS) in Toronto, the Honda Accord Sedan has been named as 2013 Canadian Car of The Year by the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada (AJAC).
"We are extremely proud to see the Accord recognized by so many of Canada's top journalists as Canadian Car of the Year and we thank AJAC for this great honor," said Takashi Sekiguchi, President and CEO, Honda Canada. "The Accord is one of our most important vehicles, so we're thrilled to receive the great feedback that we're continuing to raise the bar in the family car category."
The Honda Accord Sedan holds top position followed by Porsche Boxster and the Hyundai Elantra, while the Hyundai Santa Fe 2.0 T has been named as the Canadian Utility Vehicle of The Year 2013.
"The Accord had grown old and some new competitors had come along that were much more modern," said Richard Russell, award program chairman. "[But] this new Accord had a lot of 'new' about it, and I think there's a tendency for people to like family cars that become fun. And that's what this one has done."
The Porsche 911 Carrera S was named as the 2013 Best New Design car followed by Cadillac ATS and Porsche Boxster. Furthermore, General Motors Front Center Airbag grabs the award of 2013 Best New Technology.
Back in October, more than 80 top Canadian automotive journalists had spent four days in Niagara-on-the-Lake conducting back-to-back comparative testing of 180 "all new" or "significantly new" 2013 vehicles.
Best New City Car: Ford Focus EV
Best New Small Car (under $21,000): Mazda3 SkyActiv Sedan
Best New Small Car (over $21,000): Hyundai Elantra GT
Best New Family Car (under $30,000): Honda Accord Sedan
Best New Family Car (over $30,000): Ford Fusion Hybrid
Best New Luxury Car: Cadillac ATS
Best New Prestige And Performance Car (over $75,000): Porsche 911 Carrera S
Best New Sports/performance Car (under $50,000): Ford Focus ST
Best New Sports/performance Car (over $50,000): Porsche Boxster
Best New SUV/CUV (under $35,000): Ford Escape 1.6L EcoBoost
Best New SUV/CUV ($35,000-$60,000): Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0.T
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Upcoming Ford Falcon Can Save Life with 000 Technology During Crash
- All-New Mazda2 to Roll Out in Australia This Summer
- Much-Awaited Mazda MX-5 Limited Edition in Australia
- 75 Dead from China Car Parts Plant Blast, Poor Safety Measures Blamed
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers