Honda Accord Sedan Named Canada’s Car Of The Year
By Vijaykumar Meti | February 15, 2013 8:23 PM EST
In an early morning press conference at the opening of Canadian International Auto Show (CIAS) in Toronto, the Honda Accord Sedan has been named as 2013 Canadian Car of The Year by the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada (AJAC).
"We are extremely proud to see the Accord recognized by so many of Canada's top journalists as Canadian Car of the Year and we thank AJAC for this great honor," said Takashi Sekiguchi, President and CEO, Honda Canada. "The Accord is one of our most important vehicles, so we're thrilled to receive the great feedback that we're continuing to raise the bar in the family car category."
The Honda Accord Sedan holds top position followed by Porsche Boxster and the Hyundai Elantra, while the Hyundai Santa Fe 2.0 T has been named as the Canadian Utility Vehicle of The Year 2013.
"The Accord had grown old and some new competitors had come along that were much more modern," said Richard Russell, award program chairman. "[But] this new Accord had a lot of 'new' about it, and I think there's a tendency for people to like family cars that become fun. And that's what this one has done."
The Porsche 911 Carrera S was named as the 2013 Best New Design car followed by Cadillac ATS and Porsche Boxster. Furthermore, General Motors Front Center Airbag grabs the award of 2013 Best New Technology.
Back in October, more than 80 top Canadian automotive journalists had spent four days in Niagara-on-the-Lake conducting back-to-back comparative testing of 180 "all new" or "significantly new" 2013 vehicles.
Best New City Car: Ford Focus EV
Best New Small Car (under $21,000): Mazda3 SkyActiv Sedan
Best New Small Car (over $21,000): Hyundai Elantra GT
Best New Family Car (under $30,000): Honda Accord Sedan
Best New Family Car (over $30,000): Ford Fusion Hybrid
Best New Luxury Car: Cadillac ATS
Best New Prestige And Performance Car (over $75,000): Porsche 911 Carrera S
Best New Sports/performance Car (under $50,000): Ford Focus ST
Best New Sports/performance Car (over $50,000): Porsche Boxster
Best New SUV/CUV (under $35,000): Ford Escape 1.6L EcoBoost
Best New SUV/CUV ($35,000-$60,000): Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0.T
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Much-Awaited Mazda MX-5 Limited Edition in Australia
- 75 Dead from China Car Parts Plant Blast, Poor Safety Measures Blamed
- Subaru Recalls 600k SUVs Due to Brake Line Problems; Majority in the U.S., 100k in Canada
- Australian Car Owners Face New Mandatory Emissions Standards
- Viral Video Using Go Pro Camera: 'Longest Jump Story' [Watch YouTube Clip]
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features