Honda Accord Sedan Named Canada’s Car Of The Year
By Vijaykumar Meti | February 15, 2013 8:23 PM EST
In an early morning press conference at the opening of Canadian International Auto Show (CIAS) in Toronto, the Honda Accord Sedan has been named as 2013 Canadian Car of The Year by the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada (AJAC).
"We are extremely proud to see the Accord recognized by so many of Canada's top journalists as Canadian Car of the Year and we thank AJAC for this great honor," said Takashi Sekiguchi, President and CEO, Honda Canada. "The Accord is one of our most important vehicles, so we're thrilled to receive the great feedback that we're continuing to raise the bar in the family car category."
The Honda Accord Sedan holds top position followed by Porsche Boxster and the Hyundai Elantra, while the Hyundai Santa Fe 2.0 T has been named as the Canadian Utility Vehicle of The Year 2013.
"The Accord had grown old and some new competitors had come along that were much more modern," said Richard Russell, award program chairman. "[But] this new Accord had a lot of 'new' about it, and I think there's a tendency for people to like family cars that become fun. And that's what this one has done."
The Porsche 911 Carrera S was named as the 2013 Best New Design car followed by Cadillac ATS and Porsche Boxster. Furthermore, General Motors Front Center Airbag grabs the award of 2013 Best New Technology.
Back in October, more than 80 top Canadian automotive journalists had spent four days in Niagara-on-the-Lake conducting back-to-back comparative testing of 180 "all new" or "significantly new" 2013 vehicles.
Best New City Car: Ford Focus EV
Best New Small Car (under $21,000): Mazda3 SkyActiv Sedan
Best New Small Car (over $21,000): Hyundai Elantra GT
Best New Family Car (under $30,000): Honda Accord Sedan
Best New Family Car (over $30,000): Ford Fusion Hybrid
Best New Luxury Car: Cadillac ATS
Best New Prestige And Performance Car (over $75,000): Porsche 911 Carrera S
Best New Sports/performance Car (under $50,000): Ford Focus ST
Best New Sports/performance Car (over $50,000): Porsche Boxster
Best New SUV/CUV (under $35,000): Ford Escape 1.6L EcoBoost
Best New SUV/CUV ($35,000-$60,000): Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0.T
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- US Alerts Car Owners To Fix Air Bags Urgently As Defective Air Bags Are Causing Fatal Deaths With Shrapnels Flying Out
- Honda Connect a System Based on Android and NVIDIA Tegra Processor To make Driving Easy
- Over 1,000 New Jobs Available at Oakville Assembly – Ford of Canada
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Upcoming Ford Falcon Can Save Life with 000 Technology During Crash
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS