BSE Sensex Falls; Losses in RIL, Infosys Weigh
February 15, 2013 5:23 PM EST
The Sensex is down 0.38 percent and the Nifty falls 0.45 percent. Tata Motors (TAMO.NS) shares fall 1.5 percent a day after the company said its October-December earnings fell 52 percent to $303 million.
Reliance Industries was down 1.1 percent while Infosys was trading 1 percent lower at 11:14 a.m.
Shares in DLF Ltd (DLF.NS) fell as much as 3.6 percent a day after India's largest listed real estate developer reported a net profit of 2.85 billion rupees, which missed market expectations.
Dr. Reddy's Laboratories (REDY.NS) (RDY.N), India's No.2 drugmaker by sales, reported a larger-than-expected 29.2 percent drop in quarterly net profit as sales in its key North America market remained muted.
With Q3 earnings season almost over, traders speculate over whether the budget would be populist or pragmatic, in the backdrop of increasing deficit.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu