BSE Sensex Falls; Losses in RIL, Infosys Weigh
February 15, 2013 5:23 PM EST
The Sensex is down 0.38 percent and the Nifty falls 0.45 percent. Tata Motors (TAMO.NS) shares fall 1.5 percent a day after the company said its October-December earnings fell 52 percent to $303 million.
Reliance Industries was down 1.1 percent while Infosys was trading 1 percent lower at 11:14 a.m.
Shares in DLF Ltd (DLF.NS) fell as much as 3.6 percent a day after India's largest listed real estate developer reported a net profit of 2.85 billion rupees, which missed market expectations.
Dr. Reddy's Laboratories (REDY.NS) (RDY.N), India's No.2 drugmaker by sales, reported a larger-than-expected 29.2 percent drop in quarterly net profit as sales in its key North America market remained muted.
With Q3 earnings season almost over, traders speculate over whether the budget would be populist or pragmatic, in the backdrop of increasing deficit.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- Amazon Threatened by Google’s Partnership with Barnes and Noble