BSE Sensex Falls; Losses in RIL, Infosys Weigh
February 15, 2013 5:23 PM EST
The Sensex is down 0.38 percent and the Nifty falls 0.45 percent. Tata Motors (TAMO.NS) shares fall 1.5 percent a day after the company said its October-December earnings fell 52 percent to $303 million.
Reliance Industries was down 1.1 percent while Infosys was trading 1 percent lower at 11:14 a.m.
Shares in DLF Ltd (DLF.NS) fell as much as 3.6 percent a day after India's largest listed real estate developer reported a net profit of 2.85 billion rupees, which missed market expectations.
Dr. Reddy's Laboratories (REDY.NS) (RDY.N), India's No.2 drugmaker by sales, reported a larger-than-expected 29.2 percent drop in quarterly net profit as sales in its key North America market remained muted.
With Q3 earnings season almost over, traders speculate over whether the budget would be populist or pragmatic, in the backdrop of increasing deficit.
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS