BSE Sensex Falls; Losses in RIL, Infosys Weigh
February 15, 2013 5:23 PM EST
The Sensex is down 0.38 percent and the Nifty falls 0.45 percent. Tata Motors (TAMO.NS) shares fall 1.5 percent a day after the company said its October-December earnings fell 52 percent to $303 million.
Reliance Industries was down 1.1 percent while Infosys was trading 1 percent lower at 11:14 a.m.
Shares in DLF Ltd (DLF.NS) fell as much as 3.6 percent a day after India's largest listed real estate developer reported a net profit of 2.85 billion rupees, which missed market expectations.
Dr. Reddy's Laboratories (REDY.NS) (RDY.N), India's No.2 drugmaker by sales, reported a larger-than-expected 29.2 percent drop in quarterly net profit as sales in its key North America market remained muted.
With Q3 earnings season almost over, traders speculate over whether the budget would be populist or pragmatic, in the backdrop of increasing deficit.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional