Brangelina to Launch Own Wine Venture
By Ayessa Desiderio | February 15, 2013 2:43 PM EST
Valentine's Day is over, but Brad Pitt and Angelina are working on a long-term venture that will ensure they will never want for good wine on any romantic occasion again, ever. Along with their many achievements including a growing brood, the engaged couple is on their way to becoming certified wine makers by co-releasing a pink rose on March 15.
The vintage wine is a product of the pair's picturesque vineyard in France, Chateau Miraval. Although the rose Miraval is now named after the 1,000-acre estate, it used to be called Pink Floyd after the famous band that once recorded in a studio at the sprawling grounds.
Being first-timers in the wine industry, Jolie and Pitt are embarking on this project with partners who know what they are talking about, the Perrin family. The renowned Perrins of the Châteauneuf-du-Pape estate Château de Beaucastel got in touch with the celebrity couple through mutual friends and will be handling the distribution of Miraval.
"We are intimately involved and quite enthused over the wine project with our friends the Perrin family," a representative from Pitt told Bloomberg.
French winemaker Marc Perrin spoke well of the movie star duo as well. "'They (the Jolie-Pitts) want to ensure they are making the best Provence wines they can," he said in an interview with Decanter.com. "They were present at the blending sessions this year, and are relooking at everything from the installations in the winery-where we have already switched to stainless steel tanks-to reworking the labels across the range of wines."
According to Perrin, the wine will be released with a label that says "Bottled by Jolie-Pitt and Perrin."
They are planning to release a red and a white in the near future. Who knows, maybe it will even make it to shelves in time for Brangelina's wedding.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies