Brangelina to Launch Own Wine Venture
By Ayessa Desiderio | February 15, 2013 2:43 PM EST
Valentine's Day is over, but Brad Pitt and Angelina are working on a long-term venture that will ensure they will never want for good wine on any romantic occasion again, ever. Along with their many achievements including a growing brood, the engaged couple is on their way to becoming certified wine makers by co-releasing a pink rose on March 15.
The vintage wine is a product of the pair's picturesque vineyard in France, Chateau Miraval. Although the rose Miraval is now named after the 1,000-acre estate, it used to be called Pink Floyd after the famous band that once recorded in a studio at the sprawling grounds.
Being first-timers in the wine industry, Jolie and Pitt are embarking on this project with partners who know what they are talking about, the Perrin family. The renowned Perrins of the Châteauneuf-du-Pape estate Château de Beaucastel got in touch with the celebrity couple through mutual friends and will be handling the distribution of Miraval.
"We are intimately involved and quite enthused over the wine project with our friends the Perrin family," a representative from Pitt told Bloomberg.
French winemaker Marc Perrin spoke well of the movie star duo as well. "'They (the Jolie-Pitts) want to ensure they are making the best Provence wines they can," he said in an interview with Decanter.com. "They were present at the blending sessions this year, and are relooking at everything from the installations in the winery-where we have already switched to stainless steel tanks-to reworking the labels across the range of wines."
According to Perrin, the wine will be released with a label that says "Bottled by Jolie-Pitt and Perrin."
They are planning to release a red and a white in the near future. Who knows, maybe it will even make it to shelves in time for Brangelina's wedding.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone