[VIDEO] Oscar Pistorius Shooting: 'The Blade Runner' Shot Model Girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp
By Czarina Malleta | February 15, 2013 1:46 PM EST
Paralympics star Oscar Pistorius who has inspired millions around the world faces charges for murdering his model girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp.
All eyes are on Oscar Pistorius, also known as "The Blade Runner," after he was charged with murder for shooting his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp. The South African sprint star was arrested after shooting his girlfriend dead in his home in Pretoria.
With the news that has stunned the world as well as all his fans, Pistorius allegedly shot Reeva four times in the head, chest and arm during the early hours of Thursday morning. In a video footage of his arrest, Oscar was covering his face with a hoodie as he emerged together with several police authorities in South Africa.
Pistorius has lived a glamorous life following his successful participation in both the Olympics and the Paralympics. The 26-year-old has redefined sports despite his high-tech artificial legs.
Authorities said that Oscar will answer the murder charges and will apply for bail on Friday morning in Pretoria magistrates court. Pistorius appears as a man living a playboy lifestyle and having an intense interest with guns. With other facts coming in about the Olympian, it looks like the world didn't know Oscar well enough.
The 29-year-old victim, Reeva Steekamp, was only dating Pistorious for a few months. The model who have graced the pages of magazines even managed to tweet about her excitement about Valentine's Day.
"What do you have up your sleeve for your love tomorrow??? It should be a day of love for everyone :) may it be blessed!" Reeva posted.
Last week she even did an interview with South Africa's Sunday Times. She described Oscar as, "an impeccable man who always has her best interests at heart."
"I must just say that her future has been cut short. The family are devastated. How it pans out, at the end of the day we will all know the true story. We must never forget what Reeva stood for. She loved people, she loved everybody, her heart went out. At least we know exactly what she accomplished in the past," Reeva's uncle Mike Steekamp told eNews channel in Africa.
According to new reports about the crime, Steekamp was shot around 3 a.m. on Thursday in Pistorious' gated community home. The paramedics were already there before the police arrived and Steekamp was announced dead. A 9mm pistol was found at the crime scene which is now covered with police yellow tapes.
Police said that Pistorious and Steekamp were the only ones present in the house when the shooting happened. Neighbors said that they heard "screaming and shouting" around 3 a.m.
Another news agency found out that Pistorious told the police that the shooting was an accident and he mistook Reeva as a burglar, which would be an convenient excuse since the town is known for its high percentage in crime.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Georges St-Pierre Opines Nick Diaz Would Have a Stronger Chance Against Anderson Silva If Fight Goes Longer
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists