[VIDEO] Oscar Pistorius Shooting: 'The Blade Runner' Shot Model Girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp
By Czarina Malleta | February 15, 2013 1:46 PM EST
Paralympics star Oscar Pistorius who has inspired millions around the world faces charges for murdering his model girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp.
All eyes are on Oscar Pistorius, also known as "The Blade Runner," after he was charged with murder for shooting his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp. The South African sprint star was arrested after shooting his girlfriend dead in his home in Pretoria.
With the news that has stunned the world as well as all his fans, Pistorius allegedly shot Reeva four times in the head, chest and arm during the early hours of Thursday morning. In a video footage of his arrest, Oscar was covering his face with a hoodie as he emerged together with several police authorities in South Africa.
Pistorius has lived a glamorous life following his successful participation in both the Olympics and the Paralympics. The 26-year-old has redefined sports despite his high-tech artificial legs.
Authorities said that Oscar will answer the murder charges and will apply for bail on Friday morning in Pretoria magistrates court. Pistorius appears as a man living a playboy lifestyle and having an intense interest with guns. With other facts coming in about the Olympian, it looks like the world didn't know Oscar well enough.
The 29-year-old victim, Reeva Steekamp, was only dating Pistorious for a few months. The model who have graced the pages of magazines even managed to tweet about her excitement about Valentine's Day.
"What do you have up your sleeve for your love tomorrow??? It should be a day of love for everyone :) may it be blessed!" Reeva posted.
Last week she even did an interview with South Africa's Sunday Times. She described Oscar as, "an impeccable man who always has her best interests at heart."
"I must just say that her future has been cut short. The family are devastated. How it pans out, at the end of the day we will all know the true story. We must never forget what Reeva stood for. She loved people, she loved everybody, her heart went out. At least we know exactly what she accomplished in the past," Reeva's uncle Mike Steekamp told eNews channel in Africa.
According to new reports about the crime, Steekamp was shot around 3 a.m. on Thursday in Pistorious' gated community home. The paramedics were already there before the police arrived and Steekamp was announced dead. A 9mm pistol was found at the crime scene which is now covered with police yellow tapes.
Police said that Pistorious and Steekamp were the only ones present in the house when the shooting happened. Neighbors said that they heard "screaming and shouting" around 3 a.m.
Another news agency found out that Pistorious told the police that the shooting was an accident and he mistook Reeva as a burglar, which would be an convenient excuse since the town is known for its high percentage in crime.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Fight Won't Happen As Long As Bob Arum Is Involved, Says Pacquiao's Former Conditioning Coach
- WWE News: CM Punk Merchandise Pulled From Stands, Punk Chasing Royalties For WWE 2K15 Inclusion [VIDEO]
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4