How to Bypass the iPhone 5 Security Passcode
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 15, 2013 1:19 PM EST
iOS 6.1 has improved many of its security features and still carried over some from the previous generation. Apple has begun entering the corporate environment, providing devices with state-of-the-art protection against hacking, attempting to steal the position where Blackberry used to dominate.
But there was a glitch found on the supreme security feature iOS 6.1 and it's surprising that this bug never happened to Android OS.
The greatest bug in iOS 6.1 history is a Lock Screen Bypass. This is not simply bug issue because hackers and spectators can eliminate the vital shield that lock screens provide, and once the device is hacked, data and personal information can now be traced, copied, or maybe destroyed. Personal data such as phone app, contacts, voicemail, and photos are susceptible to this vulnerability.
Corporate accounts are at risk if hackers can get their hands on any iPhone 5 used by other staff of the company.
The process is also simple: Make an emergency call and hold down the power button twice. The method has been detailed by a YouTube user, videosdebarraquito, showing how to bypass the lock screen security that the iOS 6.1 provides. Back in a previous generation of iOS, Apple suffered a similar security bug that affected devices running iOS 4.1 and eventually fixed in iOS 4.2.
Another issue in iOS 6.1 is the Microsoft Exchange Bug which causes the battery to drain faster. Microsoft Exchange accounts have an excess activity which became troublesome to some IT departments, blocking their Exchange servers in their own devices.
In Europe, some network carriers are suffering with 3G connection and made a commotion that users with iPhone 4s should not update to iOS 6.1, spreading via text messages.
Apple has started to slow down on doing bug fixes and lack urgency to address them immediately and equally. Apple is currently everything to fix the lock screen bypass and hopefully before a corporate user gets hacked.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc Shifting to 'Lifestyle Brand' Under Tim Cook; Samsung Losing Smartphone Numbers War
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff