How to Bypass the iPhone 5 Security Passcode
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 15, 2013 1:19 PM EST
iOS 6.1 has improved many of its security features and still carried over some from the previous generation. Apple has begun entering the corporate environment, providing devices with state-of-the-art protection against hacking, attempting to steal the position where Blackberry used to dominate.
But there was a glitch found on the supreme security feature iOS 6.1 and it's surprising that this bug never happened to Android OS.
The greatest bug in iOS 6.1 history is a Lock Screen Bypass. This is not simply bug issue because hackers and spectators can eliminate the vital shield that lock screens provide, and once the device is hacked, data and personal information can now be traced, copied, or maybe destroyed. Personal data such as phone app, contacts, voicemail, and photos are susceptible to this vulnerability.
Corporate accounts are at risk if hackers can get their hands on any iPhone 5 used by other staff of the company.
The process is also simple: Make an emergency call and hold down the power button twice. The method has been detailed by a YouTube user, videosdebarraquito, showing how to bypass the lock screen security that the iOS 6.1 provides. Back in a previous generation of iOS, Apple suffered a similar security bug that affected devices running iOS 4.1 and eventually fixed in iOS 4.2.
Another issue in iOS 6.1 is the Microsoft Exchange Bug which causes the battery to drain faster. Microsoft Exchange accounts have an excess activity which became troublesome to some IT departments, blocking their Exchange servers in their own devices.
In Europe, some network carriers are suffering with 3G connection and made a commotion that users with iPhone 4s should not update to iOS 6.1, spreading via text messages.
Apple has started to slow down on doing bug fixes and lack urgency to address them immediately and equally. Apple is currently everything to fix the lock screen bypass and hopefully before a corporate user gets hacked.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc. Stock Surge Observed as Hedge Funds 'Feasted' Ahead of iPhone 6 Launch
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Vodafone Buys Ericsson Equipment to Replace 5-Year-Old Network Technologies
- Small Businesses Claim Positive Financial Situation but Negative on Outlook
- Perfume Maker Elizabeth Arden Blames Poor Q4 Financial Results on Justin Bieber Scent
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015