How to Bypass the iPhone 5 Security Passcode
By Vittorio Hernandez | February 15, 2013 1:19 PM EST
iOS 6.1 has improved many of its security features and still carried over some from the previous generation. Apple has begun entering the corporate environment, providing devices with state-of-the-art protection against hacking, attempting to steal the position where Blackberry used to dominate.
But there was a glitch found on the supreme security feature iOS 6.1 and it's surprising that this bug never happened to Android OS.
The greatest bug in iOS 6.1 history is a Lock Screen Bypass. This is not simply bug issue because hackers and spectators can eliminate the vital shield that lock screens provide, and once the device is hacked, data and personal information can now be traced, copied, or maybe destroyed. Personal data such as phone app, contacts, voicemail, and photos are susceptible to this vulnerability.
Corporate accounts are at risk if hackers can get their hands on any iPhone 5 used by other staff of the company.
The process is also simple: Make an emergency call and hold down the power button twice. The method has been detailed by a YouTube user, videosdebarraquito, showing how to bypass the lock screen security that the iOS 6.1 provides. Back in a previous generation of iOS, Apple suffered a similar security bug that affected devices running iOS 4.1 and eventually fixed in iOS 4.2.
Another issue in iOS 6.1 is the Microsoft Exchange Bug which causes the battery to drain faster. Microsoft Exchange accounts have an excess activity which became troublesome to some IT departments, blocking their Exchange servers in their own devices.
In Europe, some network carriers are suffering with 3G connection and made a commotion that users with iPhone 4s should not update to iOS 6.1, spreading via text messages.
Apple has started to slow down on doing bug fixes and lack urgency to address them immediately and equally. Apple is currently everything to fix the lock screen bypass and hopefully before a corporate user gets hacked.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How