Samsung Shows off Galaxy Note 8.0 in a Promo Pic for Red Note 10.1
By Erik Pineda | February 15, 2013 11:12 AM EST
Samsung teased its followers and revealed momentarily how exactly the Galaxy Note 8.0 looks like while trying to promote the garnet red Galaxy Note 10.1.
In what appeared as the company's campaign pitch to let the world know that there is a new colour variant for the Note 10.1, another upcoming device was promoted in the background, literally.
As pointed out by tech blog site SammyHub.com, Samsung allowed a peek on the 8-inch tablet when it issued the promo pics that showed a chef and a woman gladly toying with and teasing consumers about the Valentines-flavoured Note 10.1.
To be sure, the red tablet was eye-catching but what really drew the attention of observant netizens was the image of a white device in the backdrop, giving off the same look seen by Note fans when purported pictures of the Galaxy Note 8.0 started circulating some weeks ago.
It is expected that Samsung will introduce the new Note version later this month, which is one of the most awaited revelation in the yearly gadget showcase Mobile World Congress. It could be, reports said, that the company had intentionally leaked the Note 8.0 to further fuel consumers' interest with the new product.
And many are fixated at this moment considering strong suggestions that the Note 8.0 includes full smartphone functions, according to Android Community.
This speculation is backed by recent reports that the Note 8.0 will rollout in three models: Wi-Fi only, Wi-Fi plus 3G and Wi-Fi+3G+4G.
In connecting the dots, Samsung will end up releasing two Notes via the Barcelona MWC - the Note 8.0 and the Galaxy Note 3, replacing the Note 2, which is likely to stretch its predecessor's 5.5-inch screen to 6.3-inch.
Both handsets are quad-core powered and will surely flex the upgraded specs of the Galaxy Note units previously offered by Samsung.
There were talks that the Note 8.0 is the real Note 3 but experts were more inclined to believe that Samsung will not overstretch the screen size of its hybrid smartphone line.
The Note 8.0 is intended to take on the iPad Mini while the phablet will simply sustain the surprising success seen with the first and second iterations, analysts said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money