Watch Hilarious Zombie Apocalypse Showdown At The Canadian Parliament [VIDEO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 15, 2013 10:34 AM EST
A member of the Canadian Parliament made the odd yet hilarious decision to make the so-called zombie apocalypse the center of a hearty discussion during a Wednesday meeting of the House of Commons.
It's one of the most surreal displays of jokery you'll likely ever see in a governmental proceeding, and it shows the light side of the usually divisive and charged game of politics.
And it was all caught on video, meaning people around the world can watch it for themselves -- and apparently they have, as the video had garnered more than 185,000 views on YouTube as of the evening of Valentine's Day.
"I don't need to tell you, Mr. Speaker, that zombies don't recognize borders. Zombie invasion in the United States could easily turn into a continent-wide pandemic if it's not contained, Baird states. "On behalf of concerned Canadians everywhere, I want to ask the minister of foreign affairs, is he working with his American counterparts to develop an international zombie strategy so that a zombie invasion does not turn into a zombie apocalypse?"
In response to the intriguing inquiry, the House of Commons erupts with laughter and looks of shock and amusement sweep over the gathered politicians, who were likely being lulled slowly to sleep by the more-typical governmental business that presumably preceded the zombie apocalypse portion of the conversation.
And Baird doesn't skip a beat in his response. Rather than dismissing the query as a joke or deflecting it somehow, he addresses it head-on, eliciting a standing ovation and rolling laughter from his fellow politicos:
""Mr. Speaker, I want to assure this member and all Canadians that I am deadicated to ensuring that this never happens," Baird tells Martin. "I want to say categorically to this member and through him to all Canadians that under the leadership of this prime minister, Canada will never become a safe haven for zombies. Ever!"
Click play below to witness the amazing and comical spectacle of two Canadian parliamentarians discussing the zombie apocalypse on the floor of the House of Commons:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- ISIS Will Target the U.S. Power Grid, Former CIA Says; Could Tap Other Fellow Extremist Groups to Do the Job
- Russia Massacres Ukrainian Volunteer Battalions—Surviving Members Alleged
- Teachers’ Strike in BC, Canada Stalls 1st Day of School; Labour Dispute Could Last Even After Labour Day
- Julie Bishop: ISIS Is 'Australia's Responsibility'
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display