Watch Hilarious Zombie Apocalypse Showdown At The Canadian Parliament [VIDEO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 15, 2013 10:34 AM EST
A member of the Canadian Parliament made the odd yet hilarious decision to make the so-called zombie apocalypse the center of a hearty discussion during a Wednesday meeting of the House of Commons.
It's one of the most surreal displays of jokery you'll likely ever see in a governmental proceeding, and it shows the light side of the usually divisive and charged game of politics.
And it was all caught on video, meaning people around the world can watch it for themselves -- and apparently they have, as the video had garnered more than 185,000 views on YouTube as of the evening of Valentine's Day.
"I don't need to tell you, Mr. Speaker, that zombies don't recognize borders. Zombie invasion in the United States could easily turn into a continent-wide pandemic if it's not contained, Baird states. "On behalf of concerned Canadians everywhere, I want to ask the minister of foreign affairs, is he working with his American counterparts to develop an international zombie strategy so that a zombie invasion does not turn into a zombie apocalypse?"
In response to the intriguing inquiry, the House of Commons erupts with laughter and looks of shock and amusement sweep over the gathered politicians, who were likely being lulled slowly to sleep by the more-typical governmental business that presumably preceded the zombie apocalypse portion of the conversation.
And Baird doesn't skip a beat in his response. Rather than dismissing the query as a joke or deflecting it somehow, he addresses it head-on, eliciting a standing ovation and rolling laughter from his fellow politicos:
""Mr. Speaker, I want to assure this member and all Canadians that I am deadicated to ensuring that this never happens," Baird tells Martin. "I want to say categorically to this member and through him to all Canadians that under the leadership of this prime minister, Canada will never become a safe haven for zombies. Ever!"
Click play below to witness the amazing and comical spectacle of two Canadian parliamentarians discussing the zombie apocalypse on the floor of the House of Commons:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
Join the Conversation
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Australia's Imam Council Rebuffs Abbott Decision To Send Troops; Wants 'Islamic' Dropped From ISIS
- Strike vs ISIS Countdown: Arab Nations Signify Intent to Join U.S. Fight
- Germany to Send Soldiers to Iraq, Bans Displays of Support for ISIS
- Russia to Create Emergency Fund for Sanctions-Hit Companies, to Build New Rail Line Bypassing Ukraine
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date