Peter Dinklage To Appear In ‘X-Men: Days Of Future Past’; Who Will He Play?
By Charles Poladian | February 15, 2013 10:23 AM EST
Peter Dinklage will be in the cast of “X-Men: Days of Future Past,” director Bryan Singer tweeted Thursday, and fans are speculation about who he will play.
Dinklage had been getting plenty of attention of late as Tyrion Lannister in HBO's “Game of Thrones.”
“X-Men: Days of Future Past” is the follow up to the hit 2011 superhero movie “X-Men: First Class.” In “First Class,” the team was rebooted and set in 1962. Viewers were introduced to Magneto, played by Michael Fassbender, and Charles Xavier, played by James McAvoy, when they were still friends and collaborators and not bitter enemies fighting against one another.
For “X-Men: Days of Future Past,” many of the stars are set to return, including McAvoy, Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique and Nicholas Hoult as Beast. Other “X-Men” actors also set to star in the new movie include Shawn Ashmore as Iceman, Ellen Page as Kitty Pryde, Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, Ian McKellen as the older Magneto, Patrick Stewart as the older Xavier and Anna Paquin as Rogue.
“Days of Future Past” will follow the 1981 comic series arc of the same name. In that storyline, mutants are prisoners in camps and the X-Men failed to prevent the assassination of Sen. Robert Kelly, who runs an anti-mutant campaign, by the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. The United States is controlled by Sentinels and thanks to time travel, Kitty Pryde warns the present-day team of X-men about the impending doom in the future.
The story will feature both old and new mutants and some believe that Cyclops, played by James Marsden, and Storm, played by Halle Berry, will also return. On Twitter, Singer tweeted “Officially like to welcome #PeterDinklage from #GameOfThrones to #XMEN #DaysofFuturePast Very very excited!”
Without any word on who Dinklage would play, the immediate speculation began. Some believe that Dinklage would play Puck, a non-mutant member of Alpha Flight, Canada’s superhero team. Puck is a dwarf and his small stature makes sense for Dinklage, but in “Days of Future Past” Puck only plays a minor role in the proceedings. Variety says Dinklage would play the main villain, without any sources credited for that information. There is no true main villain, although the Sentinels definitely count, but they are giant robots. Therefore some people believe Dinklage will play the Sentinels' creator, Bolivar Trask. Collider believes Dinklage will play Trask, who will be the voice and personality of the blank Sentinels. “X-Men: Days of Future Past” will begin shooting in April and be released in 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People
- Raining Discounts: $100 Price Cut on Moto X; LG G3 Available for $100 On-Contract; Sony Xperia Z2 on Release Date Gets $50 Price Cut (U.S.)